Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Players with Arthritis?

Tpot

Hey All,

This is a bit of a weird post, I realize, but I just read a previous post in which the author mentiond he had early arthritis in his hand. I am both a guitar player and an apitherapist. Apitherapy is the treatment of various medical conditions using honeybees. Specifically, BVT (bee venom therapy) has been used for thousands of years as a remarkably effective treatment for arthritis. It may sound crazy but I have personally treated many people (including my own mother) with bee stings and have witnessed rapid and amazing results. And the treatment is FREE! I would highly encourage anyone with arthritis to check out the website of the American Apitherapy Society (www.apitherapy.org) for details. A guitar player with arthritis is a very sad thing...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is my take on this. I have osteo arthritis, It can be treated with cortisone/lydicaine shots easily, and my medical insurance pays for it. However I ain't a wimp so I just endure the mild pain, it ain't any big deal. I am not into letting bees sting me.

Well, so far, thank God, I have no pain whatsoever in my hands from arthritis. Once in a while a little soreness, but I don't spend ten hours a day doing strenuous technical exercises, so it's not a problem playing. (If my hands get sore playing guitar or mando, I pick up the flute! LOL)

A little bit of knee joint pain - but to me it's a normal part of being middle aged, and I don't worry about it much, either. The way I put it is, "yes, it might take me an extra second or so to get on my feet, but once I'm up, I can keep with just about anyone" - and I CAN, unless we're talking about gold medal Olympic sprinters or something!

Tpot - my sister is a huge fan of bee sting therapy. It definitely has benefits to people suffering with arthritis.

Also, local honey is very helpful for people with airborne alergies... but it should be from bee hives in your vicinity.

Bees are one of God's many ingenious creations. :thu:

SEHpicker

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Amen. BTW, can also work wonders for carpal tunnel. My wife had it really bad. Two weeks ago she finally let me sting her. The pain was virtually gone in 2 days. It is quite easy to treat yourself but be aware -- it is very important that you read up on the basic concepts. And have an epipen ready in the unlikely event of anaphylaxis. Otherwise, play it safe and see if you can find an apitherapist in your area.

Hadn't noticed this before.

I applaud the post & the potential that bee stings may have a benefit rather than just be annnoying.

I'd like to know more about how this was discovered, developed & how it fits into any approved medical system or what we might do to bring it into any approved medical system.

d=halfnote

Not surprisingly, there's not a whole lot of hardcore studies on Bee Venom Therapy (BVT). That's simply because there's no money in it for the pharmaceutical companies. It's a FREE and EASY treatment! I know it sounds weird but it's pretty basic -- bee venom is a much more powerful anti-inflamitory than cortisone. And it stimulates the bodie's natural healing response. Again, I would urge anyone to check out the Apitherapy website or check out the very short & easy to read book -- Health and the Honeybee by Charles Mraz. You'll be blown away... There's no reason to suffer.

Archived