Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha CP-5: PROS vs CONS

t-healy

Anyone that owns or has played a yamaha CP-5:

+What are the pros and cons of the keyboard?

+Piano sounds/ pads/ rhodes?

+overall stage performance?

+Recommend for buy?

+Comparisons with Nord Stage EX(88 keys)?

Motif XF8, August Forster, Takamine, Korg Triton

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piano sounds for Nords and the CP5 have been discussed at length recently on another thread. Maybe you'll find your answers (complete with links to audio samples) here:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2236255/Jazz_lines_on_the_Nord_Piano_Y#Post2236255

If that link didn't work just search for "jazz lines CP5" on this forum. Or heck, scroll down to lower on the first page, as of the time I post this response. :) I know there have been lots of other posts about features in general on both boards you mention ... so if no one chimes in with exactly what you want, search the name of each keyboard and hopefully you'll find what you need there. Welcome to the forum by the way. :) I've only tried the CP5 and liked it well enough -- action and sounds are nice -- but don't own either board so hesitate to comment on specifics.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

I thought this was going to be another thread about which of us are the real "pro's," which of us have been convicted of felonies, and which group is better suited to playing the CP5. We've already covered that.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Archived