Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

K2500

Stephen Choi

Hey Kurzweil Gurus!

There is a local craigslist ad for a K2500 88 Key which the owner says the top two keys are not working due to water/coffee spill years ago. Any idea what cost I will be looking at to repair this? Any guesses or advice regarding this sort of damage would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on what damage was done, could be anything from cleaning the bubble contacts (no parts, hour or 1.5 labor) to a circuit board corroded traces.

If the bubble contacts have to be replaced, they are in strips of a dozen. The carbon contacts on the circuit boards (there are 2 - bass and treble) could be damaged, but this is less likely.

You will have to go through a Kurzweil dealer to get the original parts, although I have been told that a lot of Korg boards use the same grey rubbery looking contact assemblies; and there are some sources on line for them.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Hey Kurzweil Gurus!

You're in the wrong forum; the Kurzweil Gurus reside over at the Sonikmatter forums. They visit here from time to time, but that's the best place to go for the gurus.

However, you're probably not likely to get a definite answer to your question, as it could be a variety of things, much like MoodyBluesKeys mentioned.

Good luck!

:wave:

Hey Kurzweil Gurus!

As a Craigslist guru (of sorts) I'd look at this as a buying opportunity to pick this board up really cheap. Just assume that you'll never have the top B and C (how often are you going to use them really?) and throw him a real low ball offer. If he doesn't bite walk away.

The last 88 key 2500 sold on eBay for $650 - the last 76 key model for $350. Try $300-400 (if you are feeling really generous).

If he says no, tell him to get hold of you later if it doesn't sell and he changes his mind. The last three times I've done this, they have called me back a week or two later.

It's definitely a buyer's market out there right now.

Archived