Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

*#@$*&^%$##!!!!

picker

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's really a bummer and I hope you find something new pronto. On the upside, a little more time to play bass?

I assume from your location that you're in Philly? Me too. Where'd you work?

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

Kansas City is the locale, actually about 10 miles from the corner of 12th street and Vine. May have a line from a guy at church on a job with the VFW. Might have a paying gig this weekend.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Sorry to here it. I've been out of work since mid-June. It's tough out there.

The funny thing is when people hear that you're unemployed they say "don't worry, you'll find another job". As opposed to what retiring 25 years ahead of schedule.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Praying for you - hoping that you will wind up feeling like I did well after I was laid off - a couple of years later (with a new position in a different field) I went back and thanked the manager for helping me get into something I really enjoyed.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Tough break, picker.. I've put you on my p-list...

+1 on Wally's post though. Keep your eyes peeled for the opportunity that's heading your way.

I went through it about 6 or 7 years ago, went through a short time of depression, pulled my butt out of it and now I'm in a place I love, doing work that I love, and making about 4x what I was making then.

What kind of work do you do?

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Archived