Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone checked out the Juno-Gi?

bluzeyone

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

But if the keyboard is similiar to the Juno Di then it should have the responsiveness and playability of dog-doo.

The last Juno I've seen that was worth owning was the Juno-106.

But that is just me. I'm not much on always having the latest gear.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Given that the Gi isn't released yet (expected street early November), it's not likely that anyone has seen it.

I, however, just chatted with the Roland Canada rep at my local retailer, and played both the Juno Gi and the RD700NX.

Short version: the Gi feels MUCH better than the D. Playable, although not as good as, say, the Korg M3 action, but better than the D. Some pretty neat features, as well, especially given the price point.

Now, the RD700NX is an absolute killer. Same action as the V-Piano, and some phenomenal sounds. It's got the same sounds as the SUPERnatural expansion, but with more ac.piano models added as well. This thing feels phenomenal though. Definitely on my GAS list now (and it's the very first Roland stage piano to make that list, ever).

Hope this helps. :)

Mr. Golly,

Did you ever play the 700GX? If so, what's different about the feel vs. the NX? I know it's PHA II vs PHA III, but I'm not sure what the differences are.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The NX has the exact same action as the V-Piano. It just feels... better than the GX. Not sure I could quantify it, but it was a very good connection to the instrument that I just didn't seem to get with the GX (although the caveat is that I didn't spend a LONG time on the GX... minutes, not hours... but I only spent the same amount of time on the NX before the rep tossed it back in the bag (well... hefted rather than tossed ;) ) and whisked it back to Roland).

I wonder if the NX has a better "connection" to the sounds than the GX, like the much-touted connection many have said the CPs have.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived