Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Michael Feinstein�s American Songbook (tonight on PBS)

Joe Muscara

I thought that some might find this interesting. It's a three-part series that starts tonight (Wednesday Oct 6) on PBS.

http://www.pbs.org/michael-feinsteins-american-songbook/index.php

The three part series airing on October 6, 13, and 20 at 8 PM is a dynamic, documentary-style road trip and cultural primer, with Michael Feinstein as the leader of an expedition through the glorious history of American popular song. Viewers follow him both on stage and back stage, hear him interpret great standards, listen in on personal stories about the songwriters and entertainers hes known and worked with over three decades, and accompany him on his quest to find and preserve the treasures of classic American popular music.

Rare archival audio and film footage combine to reveal the social and historical forces behind the music that helped shape the style, attitude, and self-image of America for more than a century. Filled with generous portions of live performance, this series offers both an intimate portrait of a unique entertainer, and a history of 20th Century pop culture.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived