Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Man up!" Spinal Tap on jazz

SK

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And all these years I thought I could hear the harmonic influence of George Russell's Lydian Chromatic Concept in Big Bottom.

:grin: Keeping things obscure: And all this time I thought Spinal Tap's "Sex Farm Woman" was based on the changes to Hank Mobley's "This I Dig Of You".

(Well, the chords are similar to a point.)

Fantastic! If you have not already done so, get the DVD of "This is Spinal Tap" and listen to the commentary. It's Harry Shear, Michael McKean, and Christopher Guest playing the characters in Spinal Tap commenting on the movie. It may be funnier than the movie itself!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

If you have not already done so, get the DVD of "This is Spinal Tap" and listen to the commentary. It's Harry Shear, Michael McKean, and Christopher Guest playing the characters in Spinal Tap commenting on the movie. It may be funnier than the movie itself!

+1000!

The DVD commentary is priceless.

Archived