Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Weird NE3 error: "Snp Err"

Josh Paxton

My Electro 3 has started displaying a weird message at startup: "SnP Err." That is, the screen flashes back and forth between "SnP" and "Err" (or I guess it could be "5nP"). The message goes away when I press one of the preset buttons, and it doesn't seem to affect anything; the board still plays fine, with no further complications. It started doing this about a week ago, immediately after I had been messing with some pedal settings and configurations. I was doing this hurriedly and in mid-gig, but I didn't do anything that seems like it should have caused any damage (unless hot-swapping pedals is a no-no). And it doesn't happen consistently; sometimes when I power up, the message is there, and sometimes not.

Does anyone have any idea what this means and what to do about it? The only reference I can find online is this forum post, which appears to be in Dutch.

Edited to add: Now that I've actually typed that and read it back, I came to the "duh" realization that "SnP" might stand for sustain pedal. I'll re-check all the settings at work tonight and see how that goes.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't it also be sample error? Maybe you should check with the sample manager if you get an error there too. Just an idea.

Then the obvious: I would recommend contact Clavia's technical support - clonk. I'm sure they'll give you an answer pretty quick.

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

My guess is that your default preset that loads when you turn on the keyboard has an empty slot with no sample attached to it. For example, let's say you had a sample loaded into slot # 14 and that is programmed to correspond to the default preset when the board is powered up. You may have deleted # 14 so the NE3 will display an error due to the fact that there is no sound in this slot.

What Eric said! It's easy to verify, just attach your E3 to your 'puter and fire up the Nord Manager and see what slot is causing the problem and fill it appropriately. Another way if you don't have a computer handy, is to assign a different sample to that patch and save!!

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

My guess is that your default preset that loads when you turn on the keyboard has an empty slot with no sample attached to it. For example, let's say you had a sample loaded into slot # 14 and that is programmed to correspond to the default preset when the board is powered up. You may have deleted # 14 so the NE3 will display an error due to the fact that there is no sound in this slot.

FWIW, I have a few progams with no samples assigned and haven't seen this error on my end. The sample LED just blinks, inidcating there is nothing assigned.

Archived