Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Playing with injuries

J. Dan

If someone told me I play as well with a broken hand as I do ordinarilly, I'm not sure it would be a compliment.

Whitefang

It might be a compliment to your resourcefulness! Like if you worked at a computer with a couple of broken fingers, yet you still managed to do your job!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gig report: no problems with the show. Still have a little soreness in my wrist which made itself known during load in/out. Kind of hard to move a 4x10 cab with only one hand!

That's what roadies are for? Can't afford roadies?

It reminds of this guy, nicknamed Toad, who was so enamored of a local band friends of mine played in, that he begged for the chance to lug their equipment.

This was 35 years or so ago... maybe Toad had kids! I guess we could look him up on Facebook, but it probably be under his real name, which I never knew.

When I played at a local church a few years ago, I got a young girl involved who played violin, which she never did learn to actually play very well... anyway, she loved to lug my equipment in for me, as well as that of the sax player bandleader. Sometimes we even LET her carry part of it.. LOL

I made up for it by giving her a ride to performances, until I got tired of getting there at the appointed time and her not being ready till 30 minutes later. These kids nowadays.... by cracky, when WE were young, we were responsible... we had discipline... and if you believe that, well, you can lug my equipment for me - I won't even charge you for the privilege!

Eric a/k/a Tom Sawyer

Archived