Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

EZdrummer JAZZ expansion pack...

ToneZappa

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds like an awesome improvised live duo to me - the drums definitely have me fooled, makes me want to check 'em out further and see what they offer in the way of brush playing....

Personally I wouldn't crank the drums any louder for that mix.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Well, EZ drummer isn't some new thing, or some secret. It is like the best drum modeling around.

My buddy uses it professionally for TV commercials, documentaries, and even produced songs.

He said it takes years to learn all of the aspects of mic'ing drums and tuning them accordingly etc.

But EZ drummer sounds incredible. Better than any amateur mic'd drums.

My former guitarist from my band Gifthorse has an electronic kit with EZ drummer samples. The recordings he sends sound better than anything we mic'd ourselves in our basement studio..

I mean WAY WAY better.

Modeling is the future, for the average consumer anyways.

That sounds like an awesome improvised live duo to me - the drums definitely have me fooled, makes me want to check 'em out further and see what they offer in the way of brush playing....

Personally I wouldn't crank the drums any louder for that mix.

I was going for that live impro thing and I think the drums sound really good. They do have some brush playing but I havent had anytime to check it out yet.

Well, EZ drummer isn't some new thing, or some secret. It is like the best drum modeling around.

My buddy uses it professionally for TV commercials, documentaries, and even produced songs.

He said it takes years to learn all of the aspects of mic'ing drums and tuning them accordingly etc.

But EZ drummer sounds incredible. Better than any amateur mic'd drums.

My former guitarist from my band Gifthorse has an electronic kit with EZ drummer samples. The recordings he sends sound better than anything we mic'd ourselves in our basement studio..

I mean WAY WAY better.

Modeling is the future, for the average consumer anyways.

Bruce I know EZs not new but its just that I was surprised at how good the JAZZ pack was and thought I,d post an example of it here.

Yeah I've had EZDrummer for years now and I like it aplenty - don't have the jazz expansion pack though...yet.

It's not exactly modeling - it's sampled drums, and although I can be fooled, I know that I find good live drummers to be preferable (in an ideal world with an ideal budget), the way they can respond to what you're doing, and then inspire you to respond to what they're doing, etc.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Archived