Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roots n Blues n BBQ Festival - Columbia, MO

Groove Mama

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karon and I will be at the RnB n BBQ Fest Friday and Saturday. Our band won't be playing this year but I plan to catch several of the acts. Derek Trucks and wife Susan Tedeschi are on the billing, and Tab Benoit. A lot of good players will be there.

Somehow we scored this ridiculous package of free food, drinks, valet parking, and access to talk to some of the main acts. We got those tickets free from the event promoter. Should be a fun weekend and we should try to hook up if you're coming Nancy. PM me if you need a phone number.

Picker - I think that Blue Voodoo was the band that won the contest to play on one of the main stages. And, yes they will be there.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

Oh, man, Jim, you scored a Whole Hog Pass! Sweet! Alas, I will be hanging with the masses. But I"ll be there both days as well. I'll give you a call on Fri & hopefully we can meet up.

Do you want me to bring Ruby? You're welcome to take her for a test drive over the weekend, if you're so inclined.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

Yes Nancy, we got the Whole Hog Lounge passes. Funny, but you've known as much or more as I have about the Roots and Blues event.

I went to GC in Kansas City last month and played about five different MM basses, including one like yours. Know what? I liked them all. I guess some day ther'll be a StingRay in my future.

Looking forward to your call and maybe we can hook up in all that mess of people. :thu:

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

Archived