Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Completely OT: "That's going to hurt sales!"

kenfxj

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the high school where I sub sometimes is a student who uses a Segway to get around because, though he can walk, he can't do it fast enough. It seems like a real blessing in his case.

And honestly, at 62 I'd rather go driving a Segway off a cliff than choking to death on a Cheetoh while sitting on my fat a$$ watching TV...

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Definitely falls in the 'you can't make up something like that' category.

As far as sales, I bet they go through the roof "Hey man, those

things are bad-@ss. That one dude died on one of these. He was off-roading with it and drove off a cliff."

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"- George Orwell

I bought a snow blower 10 years ago. Big yellow tag with black "Caution" writing. Advised that I shouldn't use the snow blower on my roof.

Wonder if the Segway will come with a similar warning.

Like "Warning: Driving Segway off cliff can result in serious injury or death," something like that?

I wonder if he rode straight out from the cliff for 10-20 feet and didn't fall until he realized he was no longer on solid ground, Wile E. Coyote style? Did he hold up a little sign that said "Yikes".
Push the button Frank.

I wonder if he rode straight out from the cliff for 10-20 feet and didn't fall until he realized he was no longer on solid ground, Wile E. Coyote style? Did he hold up a little sign that said "Yikes".

:laugh:

Seriously it sounds more like a lack of judgement than an equipment malfunction. Driving anything near a cliff is a bad idea what with loose soil, ruts and such.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

Ken, you are a sick, sick man...funny, though.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

My family and I took a 3-hour lakefront tour of Chicago on Segways a couple of years ago. Those little suckers can be rather difficult to handle. My daughter lost her balance on the path and went rogue into a wooded area. Luckily, there were no cliffs around.

My daughter lost her balance on the path and went rogue into a wooded area. Luckily, there were no cliffs around.

Did she run into Sarah Palin?

Sorry I just had to do it. :blush:

Aargh. I was afraid someone was going to make that connection. Poor choice of words on my part, I guess. :rolleyes:

Archived