Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oddball guitar wiring question

SPackwood

Is anyone familiar with R A Gresco guitars? I know the basic history of the make and have seen a couple examples over the years but am in need of some help. I recently picked up a basket case as a project. It's been disassembled for about a decade and the wiring is a mess. Everything seems to be there (including the 'Tone Cube' active EQ) but the wiring was cut in several places for removal. Pictures? Diagrams? Leads as to who might have one that I can glean some info from? Thanks in advance...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pics would help. Is it single coil, humbucking, both? Shouldn't be too difficult. There are only so many ways to wire a guitar, unless you wanna go all out for every possible tonal option.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

It hasn't arrived yet, so no pics for the moment, but they pretty much went overboard on the switchgear. It's got a strat style pickup set, the rear is a stacked humbucker. As far as the switching goes, there is an array of 4 toggles (don't know at this point if they're single or double throw or a combination thereof), 1 volume pot and 2 tone pots. There is also an active tone circuit. The question isn't whether or not I can make it work, but if I can figure out how it was originally wired. The switchgear and pots are all there, but most of the wiring is either cut or gone, hence the query as to anyone familiar with these guitars in particular. Until I get it here I suppose there's not much point in getting too far ahead of myself.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=68743341796

this is a facebook page by the nephew of the builder you may want to start there , looks like they buit a ton of different configurations .

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

Yeah, thanks Lokair. I'm already a member of that group and posted a query there and on the Myspace Gresco page. Been scouring the Ibanez forums, too as Roger Gresco was instrumental in developing the Ibanez USA Masterbuilt Series, so there's a bit of crossover there as far as collectors go.

Archived