Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Custom XK-1 Settings to share ?

Musicale

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you just mean setups, or deeper programming?

I needed to replicate the two separate Hammond sounds for Monkees' "I'm a Believer" for a "special" cover version done for a theatrical show, and think I cam pretty close. Would these be useful to you?

I think the third one I did so far was for more of a Deep Purplish sound, but those are pretty easy to reproduce.

I'll need to port these to the XK-3c when it arrives, so could write the parameters and settings down if they're useful.

One of the MANY things that pushed me towards the XK-3c is the CF card for patch recall. I couldn't find a way to move patches around or recall them INDIVIDUALLY once overwritten, on the SK-1.

Thus, for the XK-1, your main recall will be data sheets with settings, I suppose -- although you can just do overall dumps if you don't ever need to mix and match sets.

I understand the benefit of just doing everything live in real-time, but when doing covers, it's handy to have the basic settings ready to go. I'm guessing this is the OP's motivation.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL

I understand as well. Sorry if my initial post wasn't very helpful--it is just that I find the board to be super easy to use as compared to my XK-3C that's all.

I agree with bhodaway10's suggestion about the yahoo forum, many of the experienced cats here are active on that as well and share information like there is no tomorrow! :)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

That's interesting, as I came to the opposite conclusion after studying both manuals. What is it that you find easier to use about the XK-1 vs. XK-3c? They don't seem all that different to me, other than the preset management.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari

Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1

XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL

Archived