Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Grand pa one more time (1st male grandchild, three females)

desertbluesman

My youngest son just called me, and said his son was just born. He named the kid after me (sort of). My middle name is David and that is the grandsons first name. Of course all of my life I have been called Dave or David (and some other things not suitable for print) So anyways this is the first time my kid has called me in many years, being busy as a Diplomatic Security Service Agent. So now my wifey wants to fly out east to visit. I may get to the East Coast yet this season.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. I have only met his children once, that was last summer, they are little kids and did not really care to talk to me, they just wanted to play with the other kids at the party. I don't know when I will get to see the kid, probably in a few years. They live 2,500 miles away. He works for the US Diplomatic Security Service, and he will be moving to Turkey in a few months for 2 years. So I won't get to see the kid till after that deployment.

Cool & congrats on the family occaison !

Interpersonal, stuff can B spooky but does the "Diplomat Security Agency" prevent personal interaction ?

I'm not trying to be nosey into family affairs...which can be compicated... but into whatever govt./otherwise interference into family affairs you may've encountered.

Reply PM if you want....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomatic_Security_Service

The purpose of this forum is not to wrangle political issues, but sometime people need to know what actually occurs in certain circumstances.

Ultimately, best on the event & many happy memories !

d=halfnote

does the "Diplomat Security Agency" prevent personal interaction ?
The Diplomatic Security Service does not interfere with family matters in our case, other than there are a lot of things he is not at liberty to discuss, and I don't want to hear any of what he can't discuss. The thing is; I live 2,500 miles away from him and his family and he has to go out of country every 2 years, and he is due to leave next summer. I ain't going back east after October, (I live in the Sonoran Desert) and I am busy until after that. I am thinking of going back east in the late spring as my sister is building a house on the Jersey Shore, so I can do both things at that time. See the house, and see the kid.

Archived