Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BC Rich ASM Pro?

dvuksanovich

Hey all,

I'm starting to do some research for my next guitar, and I'm intrigued by the BC Rich ASM Pro. It seems to have everything that a good quality metal machine should have:

-Neck through body

-OFR

-Locking tuners

-EMGs

I am a little leery because the price is so low. I realize that these guitars are made in Korea so the labor cost is reduced (thus lowering the price), but I've never seen a guitar with so many seemingly high quality features at this kind of price point ($700).

For comparison purposes, my current guitar is a Carvin DC400 (tune-o-matic bridge) which I LOVE. It's a Swiss Army Knife of a guitar... it can do almost anything. I also have a Jem 777vbk which is sitting in my closet because I love the Carvin so much.

Anyone else out there have an ASM Pro? What do you think of it?

Thanks in advance for any input.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a fan of BC Rich guitars. I owned one years ago. I loved it when I bought it but eventually grew to hate it. Just found it too clunky to play. It was similar to the ASM but not the ASM. If I were going to buy another guitar on the lower end, it would be an Ibanez. They make great playing guitars. Swap out the pickups, do some hotrodding and you're gold.
Elliot Easton: "Mis Testiculos Esta Engorgada"

Archived