Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I just renewed my subscription to Keyboard Magazine...

ITGITC

I just renewed my subscription to Keyboard Magazine...

and I think that everyone who enjoys reading and/or posting on this forum should too. (Bandwidth's not free you know.)

And THANKS Keyboard Magazine for making this forum a really great place to hang out. I've met many good friends here and every day I learn something that I didn't know before.

I appreciate this place and I figured that renewing my subscription was the best way to show it.

My best to you!

Tom

Is There Gas in the Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sven, your right! At $12 a year, at that price it can't be beat. I spend more than that on Pepsi in a week! Now if they would just get the September resources added to the website! I read the issue and the links for additional information are dead for weeks. Kind of kills the interest you get when you actually read the issue.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Now if they would just get the September resources added to the website! I read the issue and the links for additional information are dead for weeks. Kind of kills the interest you get when you actually read the issue.

Here's how it goes; fewer subscribers = less revenue. Less revenue = less budget for the online web developers. Less budget = less hands to get print items into web-ready content.

A vicious circle, but (not to sound like a PBS program break) the more folks subscribing, the better the web experience will be. :thu:

No doubt about it, even if the noise to signal ratio was pretty bad, it would probably still be worth it for $12 a year. As it is, that ratio isn't too bad at all.

I am annoyed that I don't ever get renewal notices. I just realize that the mag has stopped coming after a couple months. Given how much of a pain it is to start a subscription back up, I'd like to get a heads up about renewing.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

For those folks in the U.S., how can you argue against $12 a year? :freak::confused:

Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Indeed, and I re-upped for TWO years last February but it stopped coming. I think the last one I got was April. Is it still a monthly?

Golf Digest keeps coming but Keyboard stopped coming. :(:confused:

Regards,

Joe

I pay for my band width thank you very much, it is my one and only luxury now!

Sven, I would have thought your remark would be a given, or just plain common sence, or as my Dad used to call it special sence that only some have, the nerds don't, I see you get it and sound very sharp as ususal. It obviously needs to be explained to more thoroughly to some.

I take real pride in having every single issue, so they could probably start running cover stories on Britney Spears taking piano lessons on a Yamaha PSR keyboard & I'd probably keep subscribing.
Me too. I've been subscribing regularly since the late 80s (I know some here have me beat on that) and it's the one mag I've continued to subscribe to while I've had and let go other subscriptions over the years (Macworld, Racer, Recording...).

As far as Britney, Keyboard has had some pop stars on the cover and in its pages. I'm okay with that as long as it's not every artist, every month. They cover the gamut and it's always educational in one way or another.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Well, I'll go against the grain here. Many years ago, I read KB magazine faithfully. I've still got a collection of back issues boxed up somewhere around here. Subscribing to the magazine also means storing them.

Now, I do enjoy the h*ll outta this forum. To that end, if our hosts ever needed a contribution to keep it running, I'd be the first to send in a donation greater than a lifetime subscription. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I keep my entire collection in my music studio. Once in a while I'll pull out an old issue and get all nostaglic re-reading it. The first issue I bought was the April 1977 issue with Brian Auger and soon after I subscribed and got all the back issues. I get wistful thinking about the limitations and expense of the gear back then, what I used to use, etc. Hey, I'm an introvert and enjoy reflecting.

Plus it's really fun looking at those Mellotron ads in the early issues!

There have been times when the mag succumbed to fashion at times. Anybody remember Jesus Jones' keyboardist on the cover in '91? Whatever happened to them? Dee-Lite? Even then there were great articles and columns (Freff!) that made it worth reading.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

As far as I know, my subscription is still good... but I haven't gotten any renewal notices so I'll have to keep on top of that.

The only complaints I have about the mag is that it's a bit.. thin, and while I enjoy the gear ads, the ad to story ratio is quite high. I guess it's no higher than "Car & Driver" or "Cycle World", other mags to which I subscribe, but just more obvious due to the brevity of the mag itself.

Other complaint is the highlighting of artists I really don't care about (Salt 'n Pepa, etc.) I can't remember the name of the young artist from 2 issues back, but his "Lesson" page which consisted of, among other things, repeated D7 chords in root position wasn't exactly scintillating. Especially compared to Larry Golding's stuff from another issue. I guess they're aiming for a younger audience than me, which isn't surprising: nobody wants to read a cover story about Barry Manilow.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

In europe, or at least here in Portugal, Keyboard magazine seems to have vanished from the press stores. But, at 18 euros per issue, it was wayyyy too expensive to justify purchasing, unless there was a specific article that I just MUST had to keep for future reference.
Kawai MP7, Kurzweil PC361, DSI Pro2, Streichfett, Nektar P6, NI Maschine Studio, KMI QuNeo, Eventide H9, Zoom MS100BT, VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Arturia BeatStep Pro.

What really bums me out is a year or two ago, I resubscribed enough times to carry me probably 5 years and I'm worried that it may have been one of those scams where I potentially sent money to the wrong place. Or something. Because my subscription actually expired a month or two ago without me knowing it. I need to catch back up, particularly since I am an occasional contributor to the magazine!

Tom -- what method did you use to renew? I've had a non-stop subscription since 1985 and need to get it going again!

Archived