Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: San Fran fire

Ross Brown

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for thinking about me. The fire was far enough away that all I know about it is what was on the news.

Cool, and good. When I first heard they just said Suburb of SF....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Here's a map of the SF Bay Area.

http://pacreo.net/BayAreaMap1.jpg

San Bruno (where the explosion was) is at the bottom. Berkeley (where I live) is in the middle.

Even though my home is only 12 miles from downtown SF, where I live is not considered a suburb. It is in a separate city in a different county.

And I am also in a separate city in a different county -- there are seven counties that meet at the bay (actually, more than that, if you count San Pablo Bay as part of San Francisco Bay)!

Right now though, I am working and my office is in Berkeley. Even from here, we couldn't see smoke from the fire though.

One of my co-workers is taking up a collection of odds and ends to help out those who are newly-homeless. He's driving over tomorrow night to help out and donate things to Salvation Army etc.

Federal terrorism agents were called out for this -- maybe because the airport is nearby? I thought that odd, but whatever it takes to bring in federal dollars to deal with an emergency or disaster is usually what people will do.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived