Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

let's talk Iphone and MIDI

Tobias Åslund

The Line 6 Midi Mobilzer and Akai SynthStation25 are two new ways to MIDI control your iphone, but what about apps that support them? And are the two compatible - i.e. can the Akai SynthStation app be controlled by the Line 6 interface and vice versa (line 6 compatible app played from the Akai keyboard?

I saw mentioned here in another thread that "there are many apps coming out that the support the MIDI mobilizer". Yet a search at the (swedish) app store only comes up with 4 results.

What I'm really looking for is an VA synth app like the Akai SynthStation which could be controlled from an interface like the Line 6 (don't want an extra keyboard like the Akai).

Any ideas?

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Dave - are you using the iPhone for playing back a midi file, triggering some other synth or is it some other app altogether?

What I'm looking for - I mean, there's alredy a lot of nice sounding synth apps for the iPhone, but they're a bit tricky to control from the small screen. Ok, there's the iPad, but still - sometimes you would like to control it from a nice feeling keyboard instead. We're probably just seeing the beginning of apps supporting the Line6 and Akai offerings - I guess I have to hold out for a few more months... :)

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has heard anything more about developers incorporating support for the Line 6 device into existing synth apps. I've got a few synth apps in my iPhone, and as of now, they're fun toys to play with occasionally. If I could trigger them from an external board, that would instantly transform them from cute toys to part of my everyday rig. I'm actually a little surprised that developers haven't been more aggressive in jumping on this.

Archived