Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rejected Review by Harmony Central

Tennessee

Well, I just had my first review rejected by Harmony Central. On one of those Gretsch G5135-PS Patrick Stump signature triple bucker units. I found one for $269 at Guitar Center, in mint condition, which I popped for. I did say I would never pop $700 for a new one.

I've written maybe 25 reviews, been critical before, never had one rejected. Maybe a little too critical this time, might hurt sales of that axe...

Of course, since they have been a subsidiary of Musician's Friend since June, 2005, that would explain a lot.

Want a custom guitars for prices you can afford? Check out www.tsunamiguitars.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MF is pretty good about allowing negative review, most of the ones I've written have been positive as I've been lucky with the products used so far...but I always read the reviews good and bad before ordering anything...sorry they rejected yours as these mail order houses should run all reviews good and bad...IMHO.
Take care, Larryz

Maybe you aughtta try posting a review of Harmony Central on Harmony Central, mentioning this...

Yeah, after the months on end where they couldn't get their own software straight. I still liked the old format better.

I wasn't that hard on the unit, actually, I like it or I would not have purchased it.(For $269) But when I said I would not pay $700 for it new, that probably raised some hairs. Oh, I also said it would not gain in value as a signature unless Stump did something like write a 10 million seller, or live as long as Buddy Guy and still be playing. And even then, the China label would still be there. There was probably enough they couldn't print it.

Want a custom guitars for prices you can afford? Check out www.tsunamiguitars.com

What a weird looking guitar! Visually, it's sort of a cross between Mosrite and Gretsch sensibilities; it isn't exactly what I'd think of first- or even second or third- at the mention of "Gretsch". And, yeah, nothing about it seems to suggest being worth quite seven Benjamins, although I'm glad to see that it's a set-neck design. The pickup selector switching, blend, and kill-switch scheme is pretty interesting, though...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived