Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BluesKeys is an OLD FART

ITGITC

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't think he could still have one but Happy B-day Jimmy. :laugh::thu:

Hope you're having a wonderful day and a kick a$$ gig.

Folks, BK is a playing and singing mofo. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Oh yeah! A big Happy Birthday to Jim. One of the nicest people on the Forum, besides Tom, and Prof D, and....you get the idea.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Happy Birthday, Blueskeys!

.....and if you don't mind me asking, where have you been?

Yeah! I wanted to know the same thing. SO I called him today.

It seems that he ordered a part for Heather's Volvo (don't go there...) :cop: and was installing it - but it was the wrong part. Didn't fit.

I'm going to buy him a birthday beer at The Saucer tomorrow night. I'm anxious to hear how his new band is working out. It's fall. College is cranking up again. Should be some opportunity out there, right?

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Thank you all for the B'day wishes. If it wasn't for automobiles this would have been a great b'day week. I won't go there but thousands of dollars later and well 1 out of three ain't great.

Update the band has been busy but more as a 3 or 4pc instead of a 5 or 6pc. Our sax player bailed because he was needing money to pay mortgage and he found a band with more work for him.

I will say getting musicians together is like herding CATS. I have been trying to get everyone together to record for well over a month and it STILL has not happened. Just a bit frustrated with the band thing. My wife and I might start singing to tracks before it is over with.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I hear ya Jim. The above frustrations you spoke about continues to demonstrate to me that putting a band together can be more trouble than its worth. Its great to work with other musicians, but putting a band together and keeping it together is an on-going process that seems to never end. I love being a solo.

With technology the way it is, you can fire the band and you and your lady can do vocals, you can play KB parts live, and a good workstation can do the rest. It takes a lot of time and effort to put together good sequences, but once you get a handle on how to use a workstation, you start building a song list. Eventually you can kiss the other players goodbye. :wave:

Oh, and you and your lady can keep ALL the money and pay on YOUR mortgage. :love:

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Archived