Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

slaping and double thumbing

ViaceslavSvedov

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, it's OK, I guess, Viaceslav, if you like that kind of thing. I could do it if I wanted to; I just don't want to.

Kidding, kidding. It's awesome, of course. I notice that some of the time you're doing the wrist-joint slap and other times you're slapping downward, if you know what I mean. I am currently trying to learn slap technique and was just wondering how you decide which variation of the technique to use when.

Anyway, very cool!

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

Way to go VS. That's some mighty progessive slappin you got there. Not to mention, the song was awesome! I have been slapping for over 25 years and I can even come close to that technique. I'm gonna keep my eye (and ears) out on you.
"We were so deep in the pocket, we were spitting up lint"

Great technique and all....but I wasn't into the song as much. My favorite is still the "oriental slap".

Well worth watching though. I won't kiss your butt as much as the people commenting on YouTube!

PS...I will never...ever be able to do anything close to that.

How do you sign a computer screen?

I have seen you on noTreble and i must say, ive been playing for 7 years and you are an inspiration and a kick in my ass to keep playing and practicing. Also, (this might be the wrong place for this) but what scale or basis are you using for this jam?

Sadly I don't think he will answer. The only posts I've seen from him are the ones linking us to his site. A pity, as he is quite skilled for as little time as he claims to have played bass and I'd really like to hear what he has to say. That being said his latest offering is pretty cool!

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

Archived