Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gallien Krueger MBE extension cabs...

mnr49r

Has anyone managed to get their hands on one... any one of these? I've been waiting for four months for an MBE210 (from RMC), and GK's chinese factory just can't seem to produce them. My MB210 combo (full 500W, once I connect the MBE210) continues to be lonely...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My experience with GK is that for new items, you should never believe that it'll be there when they say it will. There's always delays. MF advertised the MBE's for late July; now they are saying Aug. 9th. By Aug 5th, they'll probably change it to Aug. 23. And what's the difference between the Neo 210 cab. and the MBE 210? Both contain identical components, both are rated at 400W, but the MBE is $150 cheaper. Why???

The difference is like 40 lbs.

I don't know why it is cheaper, maybe the components and materials are cheaper where they are being manufactured? I would think that they would be more expensive seeing as how the demand for them is pretty large.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I LOVE my 2x10 combo. One hand carry is definitely awesome and I like the tone. I did buy this particular combo for the added versatility of being able to add the extension. I wanted the 2x12 but I came across this first and couldn't wait as I needed something after "having" to sell my precious Genz Benz head and Berg cab.

The other funny part about this is that I don't ever remember responding with "the difference is like 40 lbs."....maybe I slept posted? Don't know.....weird!

How do you sign a computer screen?

No. That's not correct. The difference is only 10 lbs, with the old NEO 210 2x10 weighing 40 lbs. and the soon-to-be-released MBE210 cabinet weighing only 30 lbs. (which is a little odd, since the cabinet is larger.) And the lighter MBE210 is only $299, as compared to the NEO 210 which goes for $449. From the Musicians Friend website, "The Gallien-Krueger MBE 210 bass speaker cab features Speakon and 1/4" inputs, two 10" neodymium speakers, and tweeter with defeat, all weighing in at 30 pounds." In addition MF advertises, "The Gallien-Krueger Neo 210 is a bass speaker cabinet that offers high-powered performance through 2 - 10" GK Paragon cast-frame neodymium loudspeakers and a high-quality horn." If the MBE is cheaper and lighter, and has similar componants, why would anyone purchase the old NEO?

Apparently I am facetious in my sleep posting.

As to why people would buy the old NEO, there was a thread recently about someone not buying into the lightweight class D amps. One of the reasons brought up had to do with them not thinking that they could get the tone they want out of something so light.

There are those that also believe the heavier a cabinet, the better the tone.

I have had a GK SBX 4x10 which I loved, a GK NEO 4x10 which wasn't very good sounding to me at all and I used the same head, and now the MB 210 combo, which is like a junior SBX that even with adding the extension cab will be 40 lbs lighter.

To me, the weight of something has nothing to do with anything as far as sound goes.

How do you sign a computer screen?

The specs are different;

Neo 210

Impedance: 8 ohms 8 ohms

Power Handling (RMS): 800W 400W

Power Handling (Peak): 1600W 800W

Sensitivity: 103 dB 98 dB

Maximum SPL: 132 dB 124 dB

Frequency Resp. (-3dB): 30 Hz to 19 kHz 47 Hz to 19 kHz

Woofers (Neodymium): 200W 32 ohm 200W 16 ohm

Horn (P-Audio): 25W 8 ohm 25W 8 ohm

Porting: Front-Ported Front-Ported

Dimensions (WxHxD): 23.5 x 26.5 x 18.5 23.5 x 19.5 x 18.5

210MBE

Cabinet:

Power Handling:

Impedance:

Enclosure Style:

Dimensions:

Weight:

Covering:

1/4 Inch:

Speakon:

Sensitivity:

Freq. Response:

400W

8 Ohms

Front Port

19.5 W

23.5 H

14.75D

30lbs.

Tolex

Yes

Yes

99dB

53Hz to 18kHz

If you smell something stinking, it's juz me, I'm funky like that

Apparently I am facetious in my sleep posting. https://forums.musicplayer.com/images/markup_panel/default/bigger.gif

As to why people would buy the old NEO, there was a thread recently about someone not buying into the lightweight class D amps. One of the reasons brought up had to do with them not thinking that they could get the tone they want out of something so light.

There are those that also believe the heavier a cabinet, the better the tone.

I have had a GK SBX 4x10 which I loved, a GK NEO 4x10 which wasn't very good sounding to me at all and I used the same head, and now the MB 210 combo, which is like a junior SBX that even with adding the extension cab will be 40 lbs lighter.

To me, the weight of something has nothing to do with anything as far as sound goes.

I wish weight didn't have anything to do with sound, but it seems that all the cabinets I have used that have a nice full, thick sounds, all seem to be on the heavy side.

If you smell something stinking, it's juz me, I'm funky like that

Archived