Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How long has your band been together?

[i]How long?[/i] [b]My band's been together off and on for six years.[/b] ;) [i]Story?[/i] Started in 1994 (WAIT, that's SEVEN years!) and stayed with that line up until late '97 when the drummer moved. We "rented" a drummer for a couple months, but the bass player and old drummer were great friends and he didn't enjoy it as much without him. So, we recruited a new bass player in '98 and changed drummers three times (including a few months with our original drummer after he moved back :D )over the next two years. Finally we settled on our current lineup about one year ago to the day. Confused? Wait 'till I get going...now where was I... ;) This will definitely be the last construction of this band and [b]I think about breaking it up EVERY DAY![/b] I just want something new. We write lots of new stuff, but we still play some of the old stuff that got us moving in the first place - kind of tiresome after six - oops - seven years.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey this is a nice thread, great stories!! at the moment i am in a jazz trio which has been together for about 1 year, but i also play regularly within a lose collective of musicians that form a number of groups, some jazz, some latin/brazilian, some funk... i moved from sydney to london 3 yrs ago and have found it really hard to find the right band, fortunately some of my friends eventually followed me in sydney i still played with people who i went to school with, not the same band tho. on the reasons why some of them broke up....mmmm...that would be a long post.... peace natty

Archived