Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy New Guitar Day To Me!

PBBPaul

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ! Howya doin'?

I agree on comfy straps for LP style guitars- and a good WIDE one will add to the comfort. (My favorites are the extra wide Planet Waves jacquard straps that slide through their woven-mesh topped shoulder-pads.)

Paul- getcha some Dunlop StrapLoks for that toboggan, too! :D:cool: If you flush-mount the tail-end one and leave the one near the neck standing tall, it will slightly improve the balance of neck-heavy axes, as well. (And a little Teflon-gel lube will prevent the Straploks from squeaking audibly through the guitar, too.)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

JJ! Howya doin'?

I agree on comfy straps for LP style guitars- and a good WIDE one will add to the comfort. (My favorites are the extra wide Planet Waves jacquard straps that slide through their woven-mesh topped shoulder-pads.)

Agree...I got a wide one for my very heavy MM bass...now i use it on everything...including a really light frankenstrat...

Guitar Speak Podcast

www.guitarspeakpodcast.libsyn.com

https://www.facebook.com/guitarspeakpodcast

www.itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/guitar-speak-podcast

I've got to say, that is a pretty piece!!

Thank you. I was surprised to see that the top is two-piece.

I have 17 guitars and didn't really need this one but I don't have a Les Paul or any reasonable facsimile and the price was very right.

That top is so Early Super '70s! :thu::cool: And, yeah, the swirly grain almost tricks the eye into seeing it as a one-piece top.

What pickups are in it? Are they included in your plans to change the electronics?

And I still think that a wide Planet Waves strap and Dunlop StrapLoks would suit you and this guitar superbly! And maybe some TonePros-Kluson tuners, locking or otherwise.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

The pickups are a stock original and a replacement Duncan Performer. I think they all come from the same Korean factory and aren't well know for their superior tonal characteristics. The neck pickup is kinda muddy but sounds good when really cranked. I want a little more definition and want it to stay clean when I back off the volume. As it is, it gets pretty muddy. I think I'll just replace the whole mess. Maybe put in coil taps as well.

My first impression though is that I'll be replacing all of the electronics.

I did the same thing with my Agile Strat Clone, I replaced all the electronics with Fender Vintage Noiseless Pups/controls.

Have fun with yours, mine is still working great after four or five years use.

Archived