Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rock Band 3 - With Keyboard!

felix

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No you have to buy the secret cheat codes book. This registration database of special drawbar codes unlocks the hidden songs!

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

There's going to be a blowup doll of Amy that you can lay across the top of the plastic keboard for "cocktail hour" mode.

Man I'm GASing again!

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Yamaha Montage M7, Nord Electro 6D, Hammond XK1c, Dave Smith PolyEvolver & Rack, Moog Voyager,  Modal Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Well, there goes standing band rehearsals. Now, everyone can learn their parts at home. No excuses. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

"And at this point you're getting close to just playing the keyboard part for this song." :facepalm:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hey, at least I can be a little better of a gamer when a buddy buys this. I mean, I can garner a bit of "respect".

I'll bet the keyboardist is off camera during the whole game anyway, and they still just show the stinking guitarist.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Yamaha Montage M7, Nord Electro 6D, Hammond XK1c, Dave Smith PolyEvolver & Rack, Moog Voyager,  Modal Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• 9 months later...

Hilarious responses - love it!

But on a bit more serious note, I've had Rock Band 3 since Christmas, along with the 25-key keytar controller. I've had a blast, playing in Pro Keys mode exclusively, though I haven't dug into anything particularly difficult.

Yes, you get to play real keyboard parts (Roundabout, anyone?)

Parts are one-handed. Sometimes a part may jump up an octave and your hand stays put (no, you don't have to press any octave transpose button)

I really wish you could view notation along with the game view

Yes, they even show the keyboardist (more than in real life)

You can choose your on-screen keyboard (from a selection of Yamaha, Korg, and Dave Smith Instruments models)

Songs range from really easy (Whip It, Rock Lobster) to really hard (Saturday's Alright for Fighting, Roundabout)

You can use it to play Keyboard parts in "non-Pro" mode - there are 5 keys in the center that are designated the 5 colors like the guitar fretboard buttons. It works for bass and other parts too (if you choose to stray)

More and more Pro Keys content all the time, from Doors and Billy Joel to Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails

I haven't tried to use any other controller (the RB3 controller transmits wirelessly to a bluetooth USB dongle), and I haven't tried to use the RB3 controller as a regular MIDI controller either.

Hey, it gave me a chance to actually connect with my 14 year-old son (which isn't easy to do) - we rocked out some Linkin Park on the game last weekend.

Oh, and now guitarists, drummers, and bass players are getting in on the Pro Mode thing too.

:thu:

We often have serious RockBand 3 competitions in the green room before shows (at the venues that have green rooms :) )

It's a lot of fun. Thing is, we switch up, meaning we don't play an instrument we play in the band. Makes for entertaining stuff

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

Archived