Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bought a Bergantino Cab

fingertalkin

Trolling craigslist last night and got a Bergantino HT112 with a cover for $350. The cab is practically brand new. One trip load in has arrived. Probably going to have to get another cab to move a little more air for the bigger gigs though.

Anyhoo, I'll take it!

How do you sign a computer screen?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to hijack your thread, FT, but does anyone have a MarkBass combo? I played around with one at GC and really liked it, but it is pretty spendy. Just wondering how it compares to other small combo amps, in y'all's opinions.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

I had a MB 2x10 combo. I had it for two weeks and returned it. It would fart out all of the time. I eq'd it to death and just could not get what "I" was looking for from it. It was nice to carry in one hand though.

I will say that I hands down LOVE my Genz Benz head. Got that for a steal too. The guy had for roughly 45 days, he went to record and used a Thunderfunk amp and loved it, so I got it for less than $500. I had thought he sold it as it was on Craigslist but I didn't have the money at the time. It popped up on ebay and I saved a $100 bucks.

Steve, hopefully I will get the best of both worlds through the Shuttle 6.0 and this cab.

I had a MB 2x10 combo. I had it for two weeks and returned it. It would fart out all of the time. I eq'd it to death and just could not get what "I" was looking for from it. It was nice to carry in one hand though.

I will say that I hands down LOVE my Genz Benz head. Got that for a steal too. The guy had for roughly 45 days, he went to record and used a Thunderfunk amp and loved it, so I got it for less than $500. I had thought he sold it as it was on Craigslist but I didn't have the money at the time. It popped up on ebay and I saved a $100 bucks.

Steve, hopefully I will get the best of both worlds through the Shuttle 6.0 and this cab.

Well, congrats on the new cab, FT. Sounds very cool!

Trolling craigslist last night and got a Bergantino HT112 with a cover for $350. The cab is practically brand new. One trip load in has arrived. Probably going to have to get another cab to move a little more air for the bigger gigs though.

Anyhoo, I'll take it!

Another good score, but dude, we haven't seen it yet. :poke:

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

FSM, I figured you knew what I was talking about. I didn't want it to get lost in the details.

No, no. It's cool. Don't ever assume I know anything in particular in this forum...cuz I probably don't.

Funny, I tried a MarkBass in a store once, playing through an Ibanez BTB similar to the one that I used as my main axe at the time. I had the same impression there and then, and took an immediate -and very biased- dislike towards MB products.

I am in the market for a new amp, and possibly some cabs to go with it ... All I need now is money :grin:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

i think i paid $450 shipped for my HT and $350 shipped for my EX. be careful in buying a second one. you'll want to use it every time you play, regardless of size. i thought i loved one; having two is just plain amazing.

robb.

I have really debated going back to a Bergie cab if I could find a deal. Maybe pair it with a GB Shuttle 9.0...

...or an IP112 and use an Avalon U5 for a pre/DI. That would be a nice little rig. Too bad the IP is so darn expensive.

Congrats - great cab.

Unlike Robb, I'm able to use one at times and two at other times.

I've used my GenzBenz Shuttle with the GB 10" and Berg HT112. Fascinating how different they sound through the same amp. And fabulous...

Enjoy!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I get to put the cab to the test tomorrow. Band practice. I ramped it up a bit at home and loved it. The highs are not twangy, the mids are smooth and the lows have just enough bite to make me happy.

OH MY....that cab is FANTASTIC! Robb, you have me scared to imagine what two sound like. I think I can get off of the gear merry go round (after I eventually get the second Berg. cab).

take the one and add a lot more low end and volume. buy a hand truck and you still have a one-trip load-in. it's glorious. pure joy.

with an HT/EX stack, any other gear purchases are redundant or fun. my only other rig is a carvin 115 cab ($50) and an ampeg V4 in process of rehab (needs tubes). and that's a completely different sound. and cheap. and fun. and not really a gig rig (too heavy).

robb.

Archived