Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Got a really nice deal on a Fender Jazz Special

rizzo9247

I literally just pulled it out of the box; it needs some TLC as Fender's MIM quality control is, well, um...

Here is a quick picture from my phone of my two current fish:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs494.snc3/26987_1431529072160_1350894311_1152690_1113328_n.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice!

I had a P-Bass Special like that once, and I sold it, I regret that.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Here is a quick picture from my phone of my two current fish:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs494.snc3/26987_1431529072160_1350894311_1152690_1113328_n.jpg

Aw, she's real purdy, Riz, but what; no SB14? Ruby will be so disappointed.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

It's really funny how a throwback bass from the late 80's would see a resurgence now. A buddy of mine had one of these as a fretless, and it sounded pretty sweet. It's definitely a striking looking instrument. But the only player of note that I can ever recall seeing play one of these back in the day was Duff McKagan. Enjoy it Rizz!

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Nice. Isn't that the Duff McKagen model? Sort of looks like it.

Yes sir, I neglected to mention that.

I have been looking for a P+J to add to the mix and this seemed like a good fit. I ordered it from theperfectbass.com as they are no longer carrying Fender products, so I struck a mighty fine deal. I love the fact that it has independent selection of the P or J pup (or both together) with the three-way switch. Precision body and Jazz neck are the perfect combo. The Seymour Duncan STKJ2B in the bridge sounds great as well.

The stock MIM bridge did show some side to side movement when playing near the bridge pup, so I ordered a black Hipshot brass bridge, I love new bass day!

Archived