Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

strange

simus35

do you remember when i post a topic about my new gibson. i was showing me with my fake gibson les paul. i decide to make some upgrade like to put the real gibson pickup for les paul custom(490R and 498T) and i bought from ebay the real electronic(pulled from a gibson les paul usa 2004) and i bring to my gibson dealer store in my town. it was suprise when he remove the pickup and all the electronic. they was epiphone pickup and all electronic was epiphone and the body was epiphone too. and they just change the headstock head and put gibson on it. you know epiphone it made in china. it funny and strange :confused:

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strangely that makes sense. Probably cheaper to buy a copy and rework the head than to build a whole new "fake" Gibson. The good news is you have a decent Les Paul now. I play an Epi Standard Plus Top with Gibson Burstbuckers, pots, and Sperzel tuners and I'm quite happy with it. Drop the Epi pickups into a cheap body and you'll get a whole nuther decent guitar.

i put Sperzel lock tuners on mine. and for all the upgrade i make with the price i paid for it is cheaper than the epiphone les paul custom in canada (the total price for the guitar and all the upgrade is 630$ CND) not bad. because the epiphone les paul custom black beauty is 1100$CND

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Archived