Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NE2 and ME1

Phred

I have a two keyboard rig that I normally use (Nord Electro 2, Roland 300SX), but occasionally I play in venues that space is at a real premium, so I just bring the Nord. For the most part this works well for me, but on a small handfull of songs I use a brass patch. When I gig with the Nord, I use Organ, and to has sort of worked in most cases, but songs like Sledgehammer, and Angel of Harlem, don't work very well on Organ IMHO. (I plow through and can't wiat for them to be over...)

I own a Kurz ME1, and had a thought that I could use it for one sound - a brass patch.

I realize that nehter of these boards are particularly well known for their midi support, and my midi knowledge consists of knowning which cable to plug where...

Is it possible for me to setup a patch on the Nord that plays no sound out of the Nord, but triggers a Brass patch of the me1? And, perhaps more tricky, to have all the other patches that I use on my Nord, not trigger any patches on the kurz?

I tried simply plugging them together, but it appears that there is a whole lot more to it than that. I suspect it comes down to changing the midi send channel on one nord patch, or something similar to that...

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived