Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another Break from Playing

Wally Malone

I've been absent from here most of the last two weeks. I had ankle surgery two weeks ago yesterday and am recovering. I had a ligament reconstructed and some bone spurs reduced. Getting around on crutches for a while with very limited driving and when only necessary. I haven't played my bass since the night before the surgery but plan on picking it back up soon. I still have to keep the leg elevated or I experience much more pain.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Wally,

Congrats on getting a new ankle. I had the same surgery six months ago and I am so glad I did. Remember the pain is temporary and when you start feeling stable and not worrying about walking on uneven ground you might feel a bit better.

Gabass

Here's to your speedy recovery. But you know, you can still play the bass while sitting on the couch with your feet up. And if you piss off the neighbors you'll have a good excuse on why you couldn't answer the door when the police show up.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Paul, I do plan on starting to play real soon. I'm looking forward to playing a friend's 50th birthday party in a little over a month although I still probably be playing while sitting. The great thing is that others will move my equipment that day. I'm sure I'll milk that one as long as I can. LOL

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Godspeed!

I never knew what this meant and where the expression came from....

I don't really know what it means either. But it has something to do with space travel.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Godspeed is a nominalization of the phrase God speed (you), understanding which depends on two things: speed in this sense means 'to prosper; succeed', which is now archaic, but which is the original sense of the word; and the verb is subjunctive, expressing a wish, with the entire phrase meaning "may God cause you to succeed."

Archived