Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey Eric something for ya

Seamy ALB

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link.

I finally got a chance to check it out.

It didn't grab me right away, but then they landed on a Clutch sorta thing, which was nice for a while... and then it kinda didn't go anywhere from there. Great tones on the guitars. I'm generally not a fan of that sort of bass tone or the way this dude plays, though--it's kind of slap-happy. Not my kind of thing, but I can hear that the dude can play for sure.

Not loving the dude's voice. Sounds like he's forcing it and landed on some kind of pirate-like thing that doesn't make the cut for me. Some of it was borderline funny...

But that's just me... I am a harsh critic on heavier rock. I bet these dudes do well in the bars, and it looks like the crowd digs them.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

I think the singer just has an accent.

Catchy riff, definitely getting a Clutch vibe from this band, and that's not a bad thing as Clutch is one of my favorite bands.

However, Clutch seems to put it bit of groove into into even their hardest stuff, these guys, and so many others, just hammer the same beat.

Not saying it's a bad thing, just that there's hard like a good long run, or hard like being beaten to death with a ball-peen hammer.

These guys would probably be good in a live setting, but what I heard here wouldn't make me buy the record.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Definite Clutch vibe. I liked it. This song, to me, is how metal relates to hip-hop....catchy hook, overplayed. I dig it man. I also get a bit of Biohazard vibe in their just not quite so aggressive. Maybe early Biohazard around the album Urban Discipline.

Love Clutch, love Biohazard up until and including State of the World Address...haven't heard much from them after that. I am giving this song another listen.

After checking out their myspace page......they don't stray far from the formula do they? Still like it and the other songs too.

I also here a bit of Corrosion of Conformity in there.

How do you sign a computer screen?

I did mean to say thanks for posting this band. I'll see what else they have to offer.

+1 for Corrosion of Conformity! While we're sot of in the nieghborhihood, anyone else listen to the Wildhearts?

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

I thought these guys would have been right up your street Eric, they definitly lay it on thick live, in fact they are Brillant live.

I ended up running the desk at the last show they did which I attended and it is a sound to behold. Their 1st album is amazing the stuff on the myspace is all new. Have a hunt on youtube for Magic 8 Ball, Shebeen & Worms. Bap the singer is a huge Clutch fan. Also on the Slap thing I've never seen Uggy slap a note its just his Yamaha bass & a Trace Elliot set to kill - not even a distortion pedal!!

I think they are a band that the rock fans of this world deserve to hear!! Thanks for checking them out.

They're definitely in the right neighborhood, but they're a couple of blocks from my street. I could see these guys being really entertaining for a crowd.

I checked out more clips.

The Clutch influence is certainly not a bad thing, but vocally, I find that Neil Fallon has a greater depth of styles and is more believable, and instrumentally, I think the Clutch dudes have more interesting arrangements. But that's a matter of preference.

Bass-wise, I see/hear that your man Uggy isn't slapping so much as his tone is very hi-fi and modern, which always makes me think of a "slappy" sound more suited to something other than heavier rock music. The tone cuts and stands out, but I don't necessarily dig the way it sits in the music. It's not a bad sound, per se... I just don't care for it.

Having said all this... I could totally envision this rocking the hell out of a live audience, and I can see why people dig these guys.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived