Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Leslie Drum installed upside down!!??

Outkaster

I guess I never noticed this but this 145 I am selling has the Leslie Drum installed upside down!!?? Any pointers for switching it back???

http://i42.tinypic.com/e7b0bt.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/157yq0h.jpg

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remove the speaker. The spindle shaft will bracket move allowing you to loosen the belt and pull the spindle and pulley. Pull it. Remove the drum. Reverse it. Put the shaft back in. Make sure the bottom end is in the hole with the bearing. Put the belt back on the pulley. Reseat the the spindle shaft bracket. Put the speaker back in. You are done.

Yeah I kind of did but when I bought it I was so busy gigging 15 times a month with a full time job. A buddy of mine rebuilt the amp. I just recently am getting to it. I wonder who would install something like that?

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Boy that takes me back. It looks exactly like my old 145 except mine still had the fabric covering the drum and the "blast deflector" inserts in the horns were missing on mine. One night they shattered and got flung out into the crowd like shrapnel. I must have hit a high velocity clam or something.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

There is a new Ferro Fluid driver in there, not exactly cheap. I was suprised that it was a pretty clean Leslie when I got it though.

noblevibes.com

the "blast deflector" inserts in the horns were missing on mine. One night they shattered and got flung out into the crowd like shrapnel. I must have hit a high velocity clam or something.

Or some drunk shoved the mic in too far.

Moe

---

Archived