Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Give us the facts...

Is the musicplayer.com site and such suffering financial issues? I think a good solution to this problem would be with each years subscription to one of this family of publications would be good for a years membership at this site. Or it could be an option. The sub price would be a tad bit more for web services, so people who aren't online wouldn't be charged for a service they don't use. And some people aren't big fans of the mags, but are regulars here. I don't think a sub service for the site would be too much to ask. The ability to get good quick answers here is A+. The expertise here is A+. I wouldn't minding paying a small sub just for the ability to consult the veterans here. Shit, just frequenting this board gives me access to consultation that I would have to pay for anywhere else. Shit, I can get audio questions answered, computer questions answered, business questions answered, and who knows what else? Not to mention the various off-subject debates, etc! Plus, this is a great group of people! :D

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really wouldn't object to a small fee for access to this site, but from what I've seen, a lot of other people probably would. If "the regulars" are such an asset and such a part of the process around here, it seems to me that charging them might be counterproductive. Some of the pros (not the moderators) who show up here are busy busy people, who nevertheless take time out to answer questions and try to help other people, with no real "upside benefit" to themselves (besides Karmic or whatever). To charge them for doing that seems to be a bit unfair too. It would be too hard to analyze the amount of chat / help me type posts to the "let me try to help you with that" type posts and charge or not charge accordingly. So I am not sure I have any alternative scenarios and solutions to offer. Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html New URL (Coming soon!) [url=http://www.ssrstudio.com]www.ssrstudio.com[/url] pokeefe777@msn.com

I feel that a premium paid for quality in this forum may be necessary at some point. I don't post often, but come here everyday and the POV's, entertainment, advice, etc. are invaluable. I sub EQ, Keyboard and Guitar Player (I'm dropping Guitar Player for personal reasons)and have been a help. I also sub Computer Music and Sound on Sound and feel they address the real issues at hand better that the beformentioned rags, but they are all good to have. Sometimes I feel the banter gets too OT so maybe a premium might keep things a bit more tidy. Jim

Archived