Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Possible (jam) audition this Saturday

EddiePlaysBass

....and just have fun when I am playing, even when the band sucks. Why, because it is a blast.

Sorry dude, but I've never had fun when my band sucks.

David, always remember, a bass player is a rare commodity. It may take some time to find, but there is a band out there for you. Maybe you DO need some time off, only you can answer that question. I have faith in you bro, you can do it.

Wow, tough love. And no lubricant :freak:

:laugh:

It is not always the greatest of situations when your band sucks, but I had to make the best of it while I was doing it. The crowd always liked us, but it was horrible as a musician, or someone playing a musician.

I know what you mean, but that is how I handled it.

For the record, I did give you a bit of lube at the end. I get in the same ruts, so I figured I am an expert on the topic and could help you out....just don't make me do it again :)

How do you sign a computer screen?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to show you (and all of you) that I am changing my ways: I recently replied to an ad from a guy looking to get bass lessons. Well, this cat plays keyboards AND accordion and might be exactly what I would need for my Italian-based project ... I'll meet up with him later this week to see what he needs in a bass teacher, and then bring up the possibility of joining my new project :thu:

fingertalkin, don't get me wrong: I appreciate the tough love (in this instance only, not as a rule) and acknowledge that you are correct. I will make sure that you won't have to do it to me again (that sounds bad enough as it is ;) )

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Alrighty, placed an ad [...]

While placing an ad (especially on CL) is relatively easy and painless, I can't say I've had much luck with CL lately.

The better situations for me have always come from musicians I've met in person; people who are also out there gigging and working hard to make things happen for themselves.

Check out some open mic's/jams. Go see other local bands' shows. Talk.

Network.

Alrighty, placed an ad [...]

While placing an ad (especially on CL) is relatively easy and painless, I can't say I've had much luck with CL lately.

The better situations for me have always come from musicians I've met in person; people who are also out there gigging and working hard to make things happen for themselves.

Check out some open mic's/jams. Go see other local bands' shows. Talk.

Network.

How true. Ya gotta make the scene to increase your chances of meeting people. Even if you're well known in a large circle of musicians (as I am), if you don't hang around you'll be forgotten.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

Archived