Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just listened to Pete Anderson.......

beautifulbuzz18

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(I hope you are indeed a new PA fan, and not a promotional "spammer"...)

I'm not a "country music guy", but I can dig Pete Anderson. I don't have any of his releases (unless he snuck some session playing onto some and I didn't realize it), but I've been aware of him as a session player, producer, artist, and all-around guitar-guy's-guitar-guy for years now; he is a particularly good player and a great-tone champ. I know I've heard him on radio and CDs before. Seems like a cool guy. I like him just for naming an album DOGS IN HEAVEN, and putting a faithful canine with angel-wings on the cover... :cool:

He has great taste in guitars, gear and tone! I've lusted for his sig-model Larivee and Reverend axes... !! :cool:

What's that guitar on the cover of his new album, an old Stella? Anyone? Anyone?

I understand that in times past, one of his favorite type of rigs to record with was a Fender Deluxe Reverb with an Electro-Voice EVM-12S speaker and an output-transformer from a Bandmaster, Twin Reverb, or Bassman-head or the like, and biased as required for a pair of 6L6s in place of the DR's stock 6V6s. Might maybe coulda had a SS rectifier in place of the tube-rect, as well. (They probably also either replaced the Power-Transformer, or added another small transformer, to handle the increased current-draw for the heater-filaments of the 6L6s.) All in all, the thing is that it was inherently a "mini-Twin" with big, bold tone and a strong, tight bass response.

I also understand that he has since made extensive use of Amp Farm modeling software, as well.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Love Pete Anderson ever since the first time I heard the beginning riffs of Guitars & Cadillac's when the Dwight's first EP was released. He's got such great tone and an unbelievable feel. What I really love is how some of his solos are so close to the edge of disaster and he just brilliantly pulls them back together. If you listen to the breadth of his work you realize just how good he really is. Especially listen to the work he does in the remakes of others to which I'll point out specifically ZZ Top's I'm Bad I'm Nationwide, The Clash Train in Vain, etc. He originally liked to use two Deluxe Reverbs through a Tele but migrated to using a lot more. A few years ago I read an article somewhere where he said a lot of purists out there would be surprised at how much of his stuff is straight out of a POD.. :-). If it sounds good in the context you're using it... DO IT!

Enjoy!

I recommend Dwight Yoakam's albums to anyone who says they don't like country. A good band is a good band no matter the style

Is Pete Anderson the guitarist on Dwight's version of "Things We Said Today?"

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

I recommend Dwight Yoakam's albums to anyone who says they don't like country. A good band is a good band no matter the style

I've gotta admit, I had "Guitars, Cadiallcs..." when it came out and enjoyed it thoroughly, and I am not much of a country fan. Besides the great guitar work there was the clever lyrics and titles(it won't hurt when I fall of this barstool!)

Jim

Yeah, Pete Anderson is great. I don't care what style anymore, if a guitar player has a good sound then I like him. He has so many funky grooves and nasty tones that all work in the context of whatever the tune is. His lyrics are hilarious too. "Working Class' is one of my favorite albums of all time.

A good band is a good band no matter the style.

I don't care what style anymore, if a guitar player has a good sound then I like him.

Yhup; much agreed.

Timely.

Besides the several times PA's been in GP before, he's in the April 2010 issue (Joe Perry cover) with a brief rundown of new recordings, how he's not really a country player, remarks about his Reverend model guitars & why he no longer uses tape to "wash" his didital tracks.

BTW, here's his site

http://peteanderson.com/

d=halfnote

Hey everyone, for more information on Pete check him out at the following sites:

http://www.myspace.com/PeteAndersonMusic

http://www.Facebook.com/PeteAndersonMusic

He has released his new blues cd "Even Things Up," and his song "Still in Love" has been nominated by the International Songwriting Competition as a best Blues artist. Don't forget to vote for him at the following link.

http://www.songwritingcompetition.com/winners.htm

OK, step on the brakes, I've GOT to ask-

What's with all the first-time/ONE-time posters that registered on the same day popping in here with promotional testimonials?

It's looking very, very suspiciously Spammy and insincere; such hit-and-run spammming is not very appreciated!!

Tell me I'm wrong, and that you "guys" are real people and not the same one or two promotional peeps... ?!

I'd be glad to be wrong about that, if even only about one or two of "you guys" (beautifulbuzz18, ripsix, deltatwang); I'd love to be wrong about that. So prove me wrong, it'd still be a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned!

Oh well, look at the bright side, even if it is spam we got to talk about Pete Anderson for a few minutes.

True; see my first post on this thread, what I noted at the top and what I enthusiastically went on about...

Does a guy like Pete Anderson need spammers to get over? I might be wrong, but I'd like to think this guys is just an overzealous fan. Can anybody in charge of the site or with the magazine check with Pete's people and see if they know about it or not? If not, they might want to know it's going on...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

It could just be folks that bought the current issue and checked out our awesome forum.....

Maybe you're right, Reif!

Like I said, I'd be glad to be wrong about that!

No offense meant to anybody, least of all PA and his fans and friends! Furreal.

Hey everyone, didn't want my post to come off like spam. Just wanted to get the word out on Pete and what he's been up to.

He's changing gears so to speak. Everyone assoicates him with Yoakam and he's now branching out on his own as a solo Blues artist.

Gone are the Tele's and Deluxes and now he's using his signature Hollowbody and Pods in his live rig. Yes, a Pod - 1st generation to boot. .

Line 6 had modeled his modded Deluxe (dont' get me started on that amp - bigger transformers, 6l6's, EV 12L) and his Sears Silvertone amp. So he's basically using his old amps through a VHT power amp into two Celestions speakers - one Gold and one 12H.

It's pretty wild how he's using modern technology to call up his past. It's just more reliable than trusting in those old amps. This current set up is just a scaled down version of his elaborate Bradshaw/Vetta set up he was using on his last few Yoakam tours.

Now with that being all said, I just got to hear some of the new Mark Chestnut record that Pete's producing and it's old school "Outlaw Country" Tele guitar pickin'. You guys gotta understand one thing - he's got a great day job. He get's to play guitar for a living.

Pete may not be a "Country Guitar Player" but he plays one on TV.

Cool. (And it wasn't just you, deltatwang, that seemed a little suspicious; anyways, blame any paranoia of ours on the MO and SOP of annoying, patronizing Spammers Past!)

A small difference overall, but wasn't it an Electro-Voice EVM-12S speaker that he used in a Deluxe or two in the past? Or, have both EV models been put in the Pete Anderson Deluxe package before?

Mmmmnn... Celestion Alnicos and G12H-30s, oh yeah! Nice. :cool:

Relatively small diff, really, like comparing two different ceramic Celestions; and maybe one type seemed to him to be better suited for the stereo VHT power-amp rig.

Archived