Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Boom Mic Stands

Mike Warren

I am using a short mic stand with no height adjustment (well, you can in 1" increments, but you insert a pin so it can't slip)

Its a mumble.. There does not seem to be any writing on it at all. Can't find it on the net. Sorry to not be much use. You turn it over and it doubles as a speaker stand (though you need an adapter for American size speaker pole holes.

I have a stageline boom on top of it. That has a larger knob than most which makes it easy to tighten adequately. Its not perfect though - someone should make an adjustable weight system that can be secured to the end.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use an Invisible pistol grip stand and it works perfectly. Here's a cheaper version from On-Stage and a brief description to give you the idea of how these things work:

http://store.soundtree.com/onstage-ms7255pg-pistol-grip-dome-base-mic-s7255.html

I originally had a Quik-Lok pistol grip but it busted early. I don't know how durable this On-Stage version is, but it's half the cost of the Invisible stand that I ended up with.

I didn't find my stand in a quick search so I don't know if it's still in production.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived