Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Don�t Piss Off the Bass Player!

Tonysounds

Not to make light, but I just found this on the news..

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad216/tonysounds/JoeStack.jpg

"Investigators are trying to determine whether Andrew Joseph Stack, the man identified by authorities as the pilot of the plane, is the same person as "Joe Stack," the name signed to the online rant that warns, "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a keyboardist who is also a bassist - I approve of the topic of this post!

:rimshot:

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Well, better to be pissed off than . . . . well, you know the rest!
Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Y'know? This forum, and the bass players that sneak over here and post in it (you know who you are), ;) are the first things I thought about when I saw that picture of that ashbowl and his bass guitar.

Excuse me. I probably should have said butt-head. I was looking for something more appropriate.

For crying out loud. Once again it's the silent types - those folks who you had no clue were so messed up - that do these sort of things.

I always wondered about software engineers. :laugh:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

So when the bass player starts making references to his "Manifesto", it's time to steer clear.

:freak:

Of course, firing him is only going to put you on his list.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

Here is more reason to get those LH bass chops up. There are plenty small synths available nowadays. No excuse. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

As a bassist who is also a keyboardist - I approve of the topic of this post!

I have no idea what it's about though. I haven't had time to check news this week. My housemate said there were three separate plane crashes. One really shouldn't fly a plane and play bass at the same time! There's something, uh, fundamentally wrong with that!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I saw these images on TV the other night and noticed the sign behind him.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2010/02/18/image6220851x.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hippies use the back [or side] door? That's my guess - and another, I guess I am their back door man. This guy hisses me off. I have had my problems with the IRS, like a lot of people. He needed to just "man-up." Some people just have to get their own way or else. He reminds me of a saying we use in 'recovery': "I'll show them! I'll f--K me!".
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Y'know? This forum, and the bass players that sneak over here and post in it (you know who you are), ;) are the first things I thought about when I saw that picture of that ashbowl and his bass guitar.

Excuse me. I probably should have said butt-head. I was looking for something more appropriate.

For crying out loud. Once again it's the silent types - those folks who you had no clue were so messed up - that do these sort of things.

I always wondered about software engineers. :laugh:

Holy $&*#, I'm a keyboard player, AND a bass player AND a software engineer!! :taz: I never realized how unstable I am - I'm scared... :D

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

I'm in the same category as kad.

I'm not a pilot, but my past two housemates are, my mom's first cousin, my long-deceased grandfather, and too many people who come in and out of the apartment for me to keep track of them all.

None of those pilots were also bassists, keyboardists, and/or software engineers. Perhaps THAT's the lethal combination?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

None of those pilots were also bassists, keyboardists, and/or software engineers. Perhaps THAT's the lethal combination?

Eureka! I just had an epiphany! :idea:

I just realized what I'm going to be this Halloween...

A bass playing pilot software engineer keyboard player wannabe! :laugh:

Pretty scary, right? :evil:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

The weirdest pilot episode was in my neighbourhood (which is adjacent a popular regional airport) last year.

This guy was low-flying regularly, near the take-off and landing paths, and it was giving us all a fright. Turned out the guy's ex-girlfriend called the cops on the guy because he was stalking her after the break-up... by airplane! he kept buzzing her house.

Wouldn't you think someone who trains to be a pilot and puts the money into that and a private plane, would have it more together?

It's kind of like something out of Hitchcock...

Eureka! I just had an epiphany! :idea:

I just realized what I'm going to be this Halloween...

A bass playing pilot software engineer keyboard player wannabe! :laugh:

Pretty scary, right? :evil:

Tom, you have my permission to be me for Halloween; that is, if I can be you. :wave:

;)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Tom, you have my permission to be me for Halloween; that is, if I can be you. :wave:

;)

NO.

Think of all the children who would be permanently damaged by the fright. :evil::laugh:

The picture is clear but the sign is not:what's it say?
Yeah, daviel is right - "Hippies Use Side Door" A sign you would not be surprised to see in Austin!

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

"Hippies Use Side Door" A sign you would not be surprised to see in Austin!

I'm surprised to hear you say that. I visited Austin for the first time over Thanksgiving last year and was surprised at how tolerant the vibe was for Texas. It reminded me more of Breckenridge or Berkeley than Dallas or Houston.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

I'm surprised to hear you say that. I visited Austin for the first time over Thanksgiving last year and was surprised at how tolerant the vibe was for Texas. It reminded me more of Breckenridge or Berkeley than Dallas or Houston.
I'm not saying that Austin is intolerant, far from it. It's clearly the most liberal city in the state. I'm just saying that there are a lot of hippies in Austin and it's just kind of a joke there. :)

P.S. Houston has its hip, tolerant areas in town. You just have to know where they are. Hint, they are not in the sprawling suburbs.

Archived