Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who was...

picker

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I want to know, who was the bass player? Same guy who appeared with Winwood/Clapton in that Madison Square Garden concert. Guy bobs his head in time with the music. Tall, thin guy. Keeps one hell of a beat.
Want a custom guitars for prices you can afford? Check out www.tsunamiguitars.com

drummer - Zack Starky, son of Ringo Starr,

Man, I haven't seen anybody playing a Vistalite kit since Bonham. How retro.

Scott Fraser

did you notice the cymbals?

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I would have liked to see Townshend play his gold top LP and Hiwatt amps but I guess he dropped that rig years ago. That would have been a blast from the past!

I was also expecting to see him smash his guitar after getting so wound up playing in front of the millions of viewers! We could have called it the "guitar malfunction"!

By the way, I remember bassist Pino Palladino from his Paul Young days in the 80s. Great melodic player!

Vistalites have made a comeback. Younger drummers have figured out how to make them sound good at lower than brutal sound levels, too.

Speaking of brutal sound levels, apparently, as loud as it might get standing in front of a pair of 100 watt Marshalls, Page says they never had any drums in their stage monitors because Bonham was so loud acoustically. Yowza!

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

I was very impressed with Winwood's guitar player's space age looking guitar in the pre-game concert...anybody know who makes it? (looks pretty custom)...also, noticed an extra white custom knob behing the bridge on the Who's red Strat, anyone know what it does?
Take care, Larryz

Archived