Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What were those amps behind Pete at Halftime

desertbluesman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a great link to The Who's website -

http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/equipment/guitar/equip-fendervibroking.html

They go into great detail on Townshend's rig and gear. Fender Vibro King's have been his choices for a while now. I think they are perfect amps for what he's doing. I have been a big fan ever since they came out, you should really play through one. I like them more than Matchless for my ears. They bloom marvelously and sting like a bee.

Incidentally, I thought The Who were just great. I saw nothing to complain about, in fact quite the opposite. I'd be proud to rock like that at 65. I loved their set, regardless of age or any other factor.

Best Super Bowl set I've ever seen, though not being a sports fan, I miss most of them, but what I've seen, I don't remember likng.

God bless The Who.

Townshend played his arse off.

only love is real,all else is illusion

http://rockguitardaily.blogspot.com/

Petes stack consists of one Vibro-King combo on top of one Fender Vibro-King 212 speaker cabinet. He uses one or two stacks (depending on venue size) as the primary amplifier rig, with one or two stacks as backup, powered on and set up behind the primary amplifier(s). Then there is a third rig offstage for troubleshooting. All signals are passed through a Pete Cornish Custom Design piezo/magnetic splitter (Pete Townshend s/n 0602, built August 2006):

The bassist is Pino Paladino, Entwistle's only replacement in The Who. Here's a link to some good info. He's played with Jeff Beck,John Mayer, and a million others. Great player who I don't really love in the context of The Who.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pino_Palladino

only love is real,all else is illusion

http://rockguitardaily.blogspot.com/

I answered it there... from what I remember reading

from the link above on Pete's gear:

Fishman Powerbridge piezo transducer saddle-pickup system for mock-acoustic sound. Extra knob installed just above cord jack behind bridge to control piezo output.

Love Vibro Kings, one of my all-time very favorite Fender amps, not to mention one of my all-time very favorite amps in general!

And I've always liked Pino Palladino's bass playing, particularly on fretless, which he seems to specialize in.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Apparently Pete laughs a bit that if he plays his acoustics onstage people complain that they're being cheated somehow, whereas if he plays the strat as an acoustic with the piezo they think they're getting a proper money's worth of a show... suckers!

When I was young I didn't think the Who rocked at all. Oh how foolish I was.

What?! BHWHAAHHAHHAAHHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAAHH!! :D

The Who were my first "big" concert. They did indeed rock, and through nearly four stories of PA on either side of the stage. But I already knew they rocked 'cause of Quadrophenia, Who Are You, Who's Next, Tommy, Live At Leeds, etc....

Quadrophenia has been among my very, very favorite albums since my adolescence. What's yer favorite Who album?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

What's yer favorite Who album?

Tommy hands down, I wore out several copies of the LP's I think I will listen to it while the wifey watches both new episodes of Lost (We thankfully missed the first one because we were on our way back from SF last week). I absolutely dislike the dialog on that show, so I always play my MP3 Player during the whole show so I don't have to listen to that drivel.

Archived