Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally back in action

Rick on Bass

Hello again...I decided to pick up the bass after a long hiatus, about 2 years. I'm jamming with a band in NYC and we'll be gigging there mostly. All original stuff. Just happy to be back and see some familiar names.

I sold off all of my old equipment unfortunately. Some nice basses and my ampeg rig is gone. Lots of changes, had to pay rent lost a job etc. Got a good job now so I'm reaquiring some stuff.

Just picked up a Fender MIA deluxe J bass, beautiful bass. Next is a Genz Benz Shuttle amp. Confused on what cab to buy, don't want anything more than $800 or 4 speakers. Considering picking up another 4x10 HLF ampeg.

The world will still be turning when you've gone...

Currently playing with Heather Noble and Maven

Myspace.com/rickonbass

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back to the bottom! :):wave:

I have an Avatar neo 4x10 that was under $500 (including shipping) that rocks! And it weighs 65 lbs. Still it gets heavy toting it up and down stairs. Have you considered two 2x10's? Lighter on your back and If you're doing small rooms you don't need to bring both. Or you can stack them on end so less footprint. Again great for small rooms. Although I don't know the typical size of the places you play but if they are anything like where I play space is at a premium. This is something I wish I would have considered when I went cab shopping.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

I'll be playing some decent sized clubs around NYC and LI. I'm considering the 4x10 HLF lugged that around for a while wasn't too bad. I'd like to be open to more than just 4x10 I like the sound of a 1x15 too. Wouldn't mind both stacked up but I'd love to just worry about one cab. If money were not an option I would go accugroove el whappo but I don't got 1600 bux...

Interested in the Acoustic stuff but not sure how they match up to the amp I'm considering I think I'd blow out the speakers.

I just need to hit the search function and see what I come up with.

The world will still be turning when you've gone...

Currently playing with Heather Noble and Maven

Myspace.com/rickonbass

Archived