Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Shameless plugs sub forum?

Dave Bryce

Shameless plugs sub forum?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Shameless plugs sub forum?

I like it up next to the garage sale. Thought it would be down with the Read Me stuff. Very cool. You'll see me there shortly.

k.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dig it already. That said, the rules seem to prohibit a certain author I know from pimping a book or two on Logic he may have coming out in the near future...
That's an interesting point. Where would this fall, dB? It's not really Garage Sale, since he's not selling it directly, but as he says, it doesn't seem to fall here, either.

You know what I like? The fact that now that there are two sub forums, visually you can't miss them at the top of the page. Garage Sale was just small enough that it could be overlooked, but now with two I think we're all seeing that they're up there and some of the concerns about getting lost in an overlooked sub forum may not be an issue after all.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

One unintended(?) bonus of the sub forum.

Previously, I was never sure of the rules for posting that kind of stuff. Start my own thread, post in an existing thread, or what? I know, the rules are up there but it's easy to forget if it's been a while (I'm a flake) or if I have something that might be borderline.

Now, us established users can go all willy-nilly. ;)

I know, not willy-nilly, but I think we can throw a bit more stuff in there without being "spammers."

I think another bonus is the view count for individual topics. Any topic-starter can see how many times their post has been viewed, so they have an idea if people are checking their stuff out. You couldn't really get that kind of info with the 'single thread for everything' approach.

Those view/post counts should also provide some metrics for evaluating the success of the subforum.

Those view/post counts should also provide some metrics for evaluating the success of the subforum.
Geek. :laugh:;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

everyone needs to keep a check on the shameless plugs as well as the let's hear it threads there is some good she at on there.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I posted something there but wasn't sure if we're still supposed to be using "Let's Hear It" as well? dB?

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

I dig it already. That said, the rules seem to prohibit a certain author I know from pimping a book or two on Logic he may have coming out in the near future... :whistle:

;)

Correct...and that will never change as long as I'm moderating. I'll agree to do a little more police work so people can plug their music, but once things like books about Logic become okay, then the door is open for anyone...and not only do I not want that here, I really don't want to police it. Sorry...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I posted something there but wasn't sure if we're still supposed to be using "Let's Hear It" as well? dB?

Whatever you want.

Individual CDs FS posts can go into the dedicated thread on the main forum or into the sub forum. Stuff not for sale can go on Let's Hear It or the sub forum. As long as you don't "double dip" and hit 'em both, doesn't matter to me which you choose.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived