Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Mixer - anyone else run into this?

NYKeys

I found a mate for my JBL JRX112M. They sound great together and now I know why you guys love to hear in Stereo.

However one rehearsal I ran my XP60 straight to the GX3 and the tone was totally different. It had balls now, the sounds was full and alive. When I got home, I threw the MG back into the mix and made sure it was nominal with a flat setting. The dynamics and color of the sound instantly changed for the worse.

Repeated the test a couple more times with different tracks and got the same results.

No matter how much I tweaked the EQ. I could not get my sound to match the ear candy I heard running it straight to the GX3.

I'll post an example later.

What are you cats using?

MY Toys - Kurzweil PC1X, Roland A-90, Yamaha KX88, Yamaha CS1x, Novation 49SL MkII, Presonus Studiolive 16.4.2, JBL PRX615M

My Music Page

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know anything about the Yamaha other than the fact that it is an inexpensive mixer.

As you upgrade your sound system with better components, they tend to magnify the flaws in your weaker pieces.

Sort of like how I can see every little compression artifact that my satellite company feeds me on my mega high resolution flat screen tv.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

However one rehearsal I ran my XP60 straight to the GX3 and the tone was totally different. It had balls now, the sounds was full and alive. When I got home, I threw the MG back into the mix and made sure it was nominal with a flat setting. The dynamics and color of the sound instantly changed for the worse.

I had the same problem exactly with my MG, which is now sitting on my desk unused. I was going Keyboards/MG/interface to record, and now I am leaving the MG out. Everything is crisper, it has a different sound quality.

Archived