Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tired of Snow

DanL

In Philly area it took my Sun Room down. It could of been avoided with some before-sight but it happened in the middle of the night when it rained for a couple of hours on top of the 1 foot snow making it heavy. Probably about $15,000 at least of damage. My insurance company is sending someone out.

http://hammondeer.tripod.com/dampor.jpg

That floor jack in the middle I put up to hold it temporarily but the whole thing collapsed in the middle of the night.

Wheelhead

That really sucks, sorry to hear about this. We have a pretty large addition on our house, it used to be a screen porch and the prior owners made it a big family room. The roof does't have much pitch to it, and I can tell it's getting heavy up there when the bathroom door sticks when you open/close it. I have a couple teenagers living here (an exchange student and another boy who is like our adopted son) and I had them shovel that roof off after each storm.

Last year we had a tree fall on our garage and take out a good part of it along with a car in the driveway. Lots of damage and dealing with insurance companies. I don't envy the position you are in right now, hopefully it all works out as painlessly as possible.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, on the radio they were saying snow shovels were flying off the shelves. Here in Jersey, what homeowner doesn't have a snow shovel?

same here, even if it doesn't get used a lot everyone has one. We have 2 nice ones, with the bent ergonomic handles so you aren't bending all the way down to pick up teh snow, and you can almost push a path with it. Unfortunately, they are not built to shovel 60" of snow in 20" batches, and both are broken now. One is usable enough if we get a small amount but the other is done.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Hey Jimmy, please stop. We don't want this to turn political. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived