Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tired of Snow

DanL

how about this I'll pay you $50 to sweat profusely just packing your car, drive 2 hours in a non airconditioned car, while the tar on the road is sizzling,play under intense lights , load out at 1 AM hot enough to swim in a pool, drive home and your radiator boils, because you had been loosing water on the way up, not sleep because its too darn hot, and get up in the morning because the wife says its time to perform at her sisters pool party in the hot steel roofed shelter.

Wait, are you in Australia or Arizona?

That sure sounds like my old life in Phoenix. You forgot the part about having to take two or three stabs at opening the car door because the door knob is too hot to touch; and if you're lucky enough to have air conditioning in your car, you direct it at the steering wheel for a few minutes before you start to drive just so you can hold onto the thing. ;)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So far it been snowing here about 5 hours; no sticking to the pavement and barely any on the grass. This sucks - I want a refund. :mad:

It's all that HOT AIR that surrounds Washington, DC. :D

err, I apologize for that... it was just too E-Z.

ProfD made me doit.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

So far it been snowing here about 5 hours; no sticking to the pavement and barely any on the grass. This sucks - I want a refund. :mad:

I've been calling this "storm" a hoax since I first heard about it. :laugh:

I believe it was an effort to boost grocery store sales. A quick scan of parking lots confirms success in that regard.

In fact, the stores were so packed, they were thinking about bringing in DJs to entertain the crowd. No bands. :rolleyes:

Just kidding about the 'live' entertainment. ;)

I hope the blizzard is real. It would be a d*mn shame otherwise considering the preparation folks went through to hibernate. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I've heard of snow, but I'm not sure it actually exists.

Jeff, it's that white stuff covering the mountain peaks off in the distance. You probably can't see it from your neighborhood, but I'm sure you've spotted it while driving around town. ;)

I actually, can, Geoff. I have a pretty clear shot to the east from my place, on top of a little hill here in Redondo. I just thought someone painted the mountaintops white for a movie set or something. ;)

So, here we are a few hours later and there is about 3-4" on the ground. The snow is still falling at a steady clip, becoming more intense at some point and continuing into tomorrow evening.

Yea, though I see with mine eyes, I still refuse to believe accumulation will be 20-24". :D

Stay tuned...I should probably go outside and shovel the walkway for the first time of a few trips. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The white stuff is coming down hard now! It's like a scene out of Scarface out there.

Forecast says accumulations of 2" per hour for the next several hours.

My wife and I went out every hour or so tonight to try to stay ahead of the shoveling a bit, and we've probably shoveled 6-8" so far. That's gonna be a drop in the bucket before it's all over.

We also lost power briefly tonight, which really bummed me out, because I thought it might be out for days. Thankfully, it's back on....at least for now.

Noah

I did one pass with the snowblower last night (thankfully) clearing about 6-8 inches and again this morning (probably another 8 inches). My neighbor got stuck turning into our development last night coming home from the Caps game and we spent 30 minutes trying to get him to his house. Ended up clearing a spot to park and helped push him in. At least the Caps won.

We also lost power briefly tonight, which really bummed me out, because I thought it might be out for days. Thankfully, it's back on....at least for now.

Noah

Yep this is a blast unless we lose power. Then I'll be hating life. So far so good. Glad yours got turned back on Noah.

They were right. It wasn't a hoax to sell more bread. :laugh:

There is at least 2 feet of snow on ground in my area. The drifts and shoveled piles are higher.

First round of shoveling done. I'll make another pass and test the roads tomorrow. :cool:

PD

There is at least 2 feet of snow on ground in my area. The drifts and shoveled piles are higher.

That's what I'm talk'n 'bout. Did my taxes, ran a few more passes with the snow blower, played some music, went on a 2 mile walk with my lab this afternoon. BEAUTIFUL!

Good luck with the next wave, guys!

Yep, looks like round 2 of the last storm is done. We'll get a reprieve until Monday. That 'clipper' probably won't amount to anything. ;):cool:

PD

I'm so done with the snow it ain't funny!

Tonight I woke up to a sound of dripping in my bathroom. My window is leaking from the top of its frame, undoubtedly the result of an ice damming problem on the back side of my house (where I've got a helluva icicle display going on). And if it's coming in through the top of the window, I can only imagine what's happening behind the walls! Ugh.

Any of you guys who live in the colder, snowier climates have advice on how to deal with this issue before my house falls apart?

Noah

Archived