Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Beck Grammy Awards Show 2010 - How High the Moon

rw2003

When I was a kid I just thought Jeff Beck was an alien. I liked the Yardbirds and he looked so out of place in those pics from the 60s, like he'd traveled back in time to play with them. I remember watching "The Blow Up" on cable and thinking he must've just terrified people back then with the sounds he conjured. I couldn't imagine Jeff Beck as a kid sitting through school or whatever. All of that is meant as the highest compliment possible.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, welcome to the GPF, SF Shoim; much agreed!

When I was a kid I just thought Jeff Beck was an alien. I liked the Yardbirds and he looked so out of place in those pics from the 60s, like he'd traveled back in time to play with them. I remember watching "The Blow Up" on cable and thinking he must've just terrified people back then with the sounds he conjured. I couldn't imagine Jeff Beck as a kid sitting through school or whatever. All of that is meant as the highest compliment possible.

Yeah! :D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

He has the Spinal Tap haircut down!

I've always thought the Nigel Tufnel character was designed 100% on Jeff Beck.

Scott Fraser

Totally mate - he is very much even down to the tap yardbirds pastiche

"Lyrics are not necessary and would only distract from the virtuosity of Stevens' guitar compositions".- Pinpoint Music.com

My website is http://www.mattstevensguitar.com

Archived