Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Way OT: Hurt Locker

Steve Force

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the thing - Avatar, while visually stunning, is a horrible movie. The script is bad, the acting is bad, the plot is bad - it's just a bad movie. It deserves awards based on it's technical merit and that's it. If it wins all or most of the awards it's up for, particularly best picture and director, then THAT will be viewed as a huge mistake down the road.

I agree. Impressive visuals but pretty standard Hollywood unimaginative screenplay and script. Also, I have to say that I got the giggles about half way into the 20 minute final battle. I realized that the orchestra had been sawing away at full blast for many minutes straight and I had this visual of them cutting to a clearing in the forest where the Boston Pops are playing in tails.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I just watched Hurt Locker on ppv last night and thought it was terrific. I can't speak to the accuracy of the EOD tactics, but I spent some time working in the Middle East, and the street scenes, people, buildings and general vibe were spot on.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Archived