Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anyone remember this bass from the 70's?

Altair4

It was mid 1970's, the bass was an Alembic, this bass had the best action I had ever felt on a bass plus it had a real long and thin or narrow neck, and it was real light weight for a bass. I would like to find one or have a custom made replica. But I need the model. Just in case you were wondering I was called in unexpected to fill in at a recording session at Vangard recording studio in NYC somewhere in the mid 70's and this was the bass that was on hand at the studio, never forgot it!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a vague description of every Alembic I've ever played (only at a music store). Light & thin neck. The only helpful thing in that description is that it was an Alembic. Sorry man.

Maybe contact the studio or track down whoever the engineer was.

Sounds like a vague description of every Alembic I've ever played (only at a music store). Light & thin neck. The only helpful thing in that description is that it was an Alembic. Sorry man.

Maybe contact the studio or track down whoever the engineer was.

I dont even know if any of those people are still alive or would still be in the business, dont even know if that studio is still there. I did check the web site and didn't see anything that looked like this bass.

Wishbass? Oh please... :P:)

Me, being a recent Alembic caretaker (I don't own the bass, the bass owns me!), can assure you that, the best you can do, is find yourself a real one. :) Even the most basic ones (as the Epic, for an instance, which I own in its 5 string version), goes beyond custom, as they say on the website, and leaves you with the feeling of not wanting to play (almost) anything else besides. O' course, a Series II would be awesome :) But it all depends mostly on your electronics needs. Me, being raised on the "do it with your hand" school, am more than at home with the basic vol/bal/Bass/Tre layout of the Epic and other basic models, and the craftmanship quality and sound are WAY top notch.

However, if you ask me and give me enough dough ($$$$), I'd love me a Mark King Signature Balance K 4 model with the Heart Omega Shape.. :P AND a Stanley Clarke Deluxe... AND an Europa (The couple.. 5 fretted AND a fretless), AND... :P

Brought to you by Juancarlin.

www.juancarlinmusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/JuanCarlinMusic

www.facebook.com/JuanCarlinMusic

Instagram: @JuanCarlinMusic

Archived