Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2010 Grammys

Bobadohshe

Hadn't seen the Pink vid until now. That was pretty incredible. Also a cool sign of an artist maturing who's been through so much. The simplicity of the song worked well I thought and was a breath of fresh air compared to much of the other shenanigans.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a letter to the editor from our local daily. Nice to see some of our youth aren't falling for it.

Where's the talent?

THE GAZETTE FEBRUARY 2, 2010

Re: "Night of records" (Gazette, Feb. 1).

I never thought I'd see the day when Elton John equates himself with Lady Gaga. No comparison.

At 20, I'm a musician who fits the target audience of today's pop culture. Why then am I not entertained?

The Grammys are supposed to represent artistic excellence, but with supposed innovations like virtual instruments and auto-tune, I find myself asking, "What happened to all the talent?"

What's to be said about the American music industry if past artists like Ella Fitzgerald, Quincy Jones, and Eric Clapton are being replaced by Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, and Lil Wayne?

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

When Bon Jovi started "Living On A Prayer" I was thinking - he still can't hit those high "Cs" in the chorus anymore can he? He can't. A chick did for him and Jon just stood there.

I was playing that tune just now (please don't ask me why) and was flabbergasted to find that it modulates up a MINOR 3rd at the end. Pretty cool compared to your standard 1/2 or whole step, but also high for the vocal. If he can't hit those high Cs anymore, how did he ever hit those Ebs?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

When Bon Jovi started "Living On A Prayer" I was thinking - he still can't hit those high "Cs" in the chorus anymore can he? He can't. A chick did for him and Jon just stood there.

Bill, yeah Jon does that now on his tours. He prefers that to lowering the song.

The girl who came out to sing on "Who Says You Can't Go Home," was Jennifer Nettles (of Sugarland). She and Jon recorded this song (after the original was released) as part of a charity benefiting Habitat for Humanity. So, I guess there is a history there as far as why she was the one who came out to sing with him.

Overall, the Zac Brown Band, and the Bon Jovi performaces were my favorites of the night. Not so much because I'm a huge fan, but because they were playing live, and all the musicians in each band were front and center doing their thing live.

I would have preferred Bocelli doing that entire song by himself. It struck me as if Blige was doing her usual "over singing" in a futile attempt to keep up with his voice.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Archived