Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ENOUGH, already!!!

drawback

Okay, I've been here since mid-2004 and don't post a lot, but I'm always reading... and I've been sitting here at 999 posts for a few days now.

I've been looking for a suitable topic or thread to ascend into whatever state of exhaultedness you hand out for 1,000 posts... but I just gotta say that there's been enough silliness on this forum lately that my silence must end!

1. Trading a Nord Electro 2 for an XK-1 is idiocy.

2. Lawrence Gowan is NOT THAT GOOD. In fact, any of us can make ourselves sound no less artistic by playing pseudo-classical finger exercises with the portamento switch on.

3. We don't know what's ahead for the iPad any more than we knew what another of Apple's derivative gadgets - the iPod - was going to become.

4. Speaking of derivative, "The 80s."

....'nuff said.

5. All I want to say about the Yamaha CP1, CP5 and CP50 is: Look Before You Heap. Or, Hear Before You Smear. Something like that.

6. Sue: go buy the right sustain pedal.

.... guess that's about enough to get me out of purgatory and on to the next millenia.

Meanwhile, Happy Friday!! :wave:

....and 1,000 pardons!

Here for the gear.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to put you through that. :D Pedal Retrofit. Possibility Realized.

.... guess that's about enough to get me out of purgatory and on to the next millenia.

Purgatory and Reconciliation. :thu: Congrats on 1000, Rod! ;)

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

http://www.oncause.com/reaver1.JPG

How about a nice pic of Dr. Herbert Ross Reaver, then?

"Dr. Herbert Ross Reaver, called "the most arrested chiropractor" in history, was an incorrigible criminal. As soon as he finished a jail term, he'd go home and break the law again. Soon, he'd be back before a judge for another sentence to the workhouse. Dr. Reaver wasn't a thief, a murderer or a vagrant. His crime?

Practicing chiropractic."

Moe

---

I've been looking for a suitable topic or thread to ascend into whatever state of exhaultedness you hand out for 1,000 posts... but I just gotta say that there's been enough silliness on this forum lately that my silence must end!

Meanwhile, Happy Friday!! :wave:

....and 1,000 pardons!

Drawback, congrats on Platinum status. I enjoyed the post reaching that milestone too. :thu:

7. There is way too much time spent discussing any new digital piano.

8. With all due respect, Joey D should spend more time at the salad bar.

I'm afraid that still puts JD in close proximity to food. I think he should spend more time at the Universal, er, World Gym.

A Costco membership and steady diet of Slim Quick, er, Fast would help too. JD's still one organ playing mf'er though. :D

I hope Herbie records his next project using a combination of DX tines and the Rhodes tone from the "Monster" album. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Serenity now

http://www.violently-happy.net/musings/pix/serenity.jpg

:D

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch me soar!"

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/11/l_02005fbcfade44fa930565fbd21dfec5.jpg

I still have 2 of these..yes original...and still w/the cute lil

You forgot to mention the rd700gx vs the casio 9000 vs the korg 5600 vs an accordian vs Miley Cyrus.....

:laugh: aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaa... err. Yeah.

:snax:

Hi Sue. :wave:

He laughs. :D So you really want to talk about this, huh? You know I ought to kick all your butts. I ask for help and I get a vocabulary lesson and assorted reasons why it couldn't be done.

Hey if you ever need help, .. I'll give you a good referral.

;)

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Just imagine how much better JD's playing would be if each of his fingers didn't weigh as much as an extremity. I think he is the only person I know who weighs as much as his instrument.

That could be potentially offensive.

So could that ^

1974 Rhodes, CP70B, Polivoks, Dominion 1, Behringer D, Mother 32, DFAM, MS20 Mini, Folktek Mescaline, Nord Lead 2x, KArp Odyssey, Jv1080, Digitakt, Hydrasynth,

Just imagine how much better JD's playing would be if each of his fingers didn't weigh as much as an extremity. I think he is the only person I know who weighs as much as his instrument.

That's exactly what I told my wife the other day regarding JD.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived